120 or 140?

Terra

Hello to all,

I have two 120mm fans on top of my CM MasterBox Q300L and one 120mm behind it, all three are use as exhaust. My question is, should i get two 140mm fans for air intake at the front panel or just get 120mm fans? I am using the stock cooler for the Ryzen 3600.

AMDr Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0| 8GB Ram |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G | CM MasterBox Q300L | Primary: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

Secondary: WD Blue 1 TB | Cooler Master V850

Are you going for Positive air flow or static air flow with what you said sounds like you have more air going out then coming in.. I would do a push pull config with it so a 120 in the front pushing air in, the one on top pushing air in and push everything to the back of the case with a high static pressure 140 in the back pulling the air out over your stock wraith cooler

9 minutes ago, Sniperxxx88 said:

Are you going for Positive air flow or static air flow with what you said sounds like you have more air going out then coming in.. I would do a push pull config with it so a 120 in the front pushing air in, the one on top pushing air in and push everything to the back of the case with a high static pressure 140 in the back pulling the air out over your stock wraith cooler

Thanks for advice, man. Currently looking for the fans. 

AMDr Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0| 8GB Ram |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G | CM MasterBox Q300L | Primary: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

What are your temps? What you have now is probably fine already.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your temps? What you have now is probably fine already.

It is around 70 if i run FFXIV or R6 Siege and if i run FFXIV and FIFA19 (waiting for queue) it goes around 75.

21 minutes ago, Terra said:

It is around 70 if i run FFXIV or R6 Siege and if i run FFXIV and FIFA19 (waiting for queue) it goes around 75.

Yeah, that's fine. Aiming for positive pressure is probably unnecessary due to how most of the case is covered in dust filters.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.