Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abizm

Used Amazon GPU

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, so I've been thinking about building my first PC, I'd like to go RTX, and I decided a good GPU for my budget would be a 2070, but I'm thinking if it would be a good decision to buy a used one, wich go for less money, but I don't want to buy a card that's been mined on, would it be safe?

Link to post
Share on other sites

RTX came out after the mining craze pretty much died off


Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Lurick said:

RTX came out after the mining craze pretty much died off

So would you recommend buying it used from amazon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abizm said:

So would you recommend buying it used from amazon?

Depends, is it actually sold from Amazon directly and not a third party seller?

Does it look or seem fake in any way?

IE: Is it like 1/2 or 1/3 the price of a retail GPU?


Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Depends, is it actually sold from Amazon directly and not a third party seller?

Does it look or seem fake in any way?

IE: Is it like 1/2 or 1/3 the price of a retail GPU?

It's directly sold from Amazon's Warehouse

They don't really post pictures so I can't actually determine if it seems fake, but the condition is As new, and in the descrptions it says that it comes in it's original package, wich it's not damaged at all

The card is $40 off the original price.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Abizm said:

It's directly sold from Amazon's Warehouse

They don't really post pictures so I can't actually determine if it seems fake, but the condition is As new, and in the descrptions it says that it comes in it's original package, wich it's not damaged at all

The card is $40 off the original price.

 

For only $40 off I would just buy a new 2070 SUPER instead for that nice performance increase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

For only $40 off I would just buy a new 2070 SUPER instead for that nice performance increase.

I'm already stretching a lot the budget for a 2070, so those $40 are really something I can't afford

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abizm said:

I'm already stretching a lot the budget for a 2070, so those $40 are really something I can't afford

Then give yourself another couple weeks or a month and make sure you can budget that extra 40 bucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Abizm said:

I'm already stretching a lot the budget for a 2070, so those $40 are really something I can't afford

I would drop down and go with a 2060 Super then depending on the price difference since a 2060 Super about matches a 2070 non-Super.


Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I would drop down and go with a 2060 Super then depending on the price difference since a 2060 Super about matches a 2070 non-Super.

He could also consider a 5700XT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×