RDP Oddities

rgrwlco

I have a PC that one user is unable to connect to, and I am befuddled. I shall list the circumstances:

1. The user can connect once, but upon reconnect the host computer locks up and has to be rebooted.
  2. If the host computer is joined to another network, the user is able to connect repeatedly just fine.
  3. Other users are able to connect to the computer without issue, regardless of its network.
  4. We've done a complete OS reinstall on the computer, and it still has the same problems with the one user.
  5. This user has tried three different computers on their home connection, and none of them can connect more than once before failure.
  6. We've tried putting the host PC into a DMZ, changing the RDP port, and even disabling the software firewall to no avail.
  7. When checking the RDP logs in eventvwr, it shows the user connecting fine, but then never has a disconnect. I don't know if this is caused by an issue with incorrectly disconnecting, or because the computer locks up before it can record a disconnect event.
  8. I had the user use their cell-phone hotspot and one of their home computers, and the issue persists.
  9. We've tried creating new RDP shortcuts, and have also tried changing color-depth, and also tried disabling Persistent Bitmap Caching.
  10. The user can connect to other computers on the trouble-network without issue.

We're all at a loss as to what the issue is. Both computers are Windows 10 1903, as are the computers that successfully connect. I feel like I've ruled out every potential issue. The user is able to connect to other computers on the trouble-network, but not this one on this one particular network.

The user is on another ISP, if that has any bearing on the problem. But again, this user can connect to other computers on the trouble-network fine.

It's just this one computer.