Any ideas for wifi solutions?

Icemonster26

So my house is three floors with the router on the middle one, but on the top and bottom floors the wifi is atrocious, we've put multiple boosters on the top and bottom floors but they don't seem to work, we're using out network company provided router which they claim should be more than enough but we live in a victorian house and the walls are rather thick, any ideas for solutions?

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

One or two Ubiquiti AP Lites, they'll work perfectly.

so should that fully solve the issue? what's your experience been like with them?

9 minutes ago, Icemonster26 said:

so should that fully solve the issue? what's your experience been like with them?

Their APs are excellent. I've set up my home with them as well as offices. Their controller is super awesome to monitor and set things up with. I think the AP AC PRO goes on sale for about the same price as the lite, maybe keep an eye out for that 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Agreed with Slottr. When it comes to Router, though, it needs to have enough gigabit LAN ports for repeaters to have a bandwidth that won't bottleneck them. If you get everything from Ubiquiti, they can help you with that. Otherwise, you might need to do some tinkering yourself in web-interface (though, it's really easy to set up repeaters).

I would recommend Xiaomi Mi Router 3G, but it won't be enough in this case... Only something like Asus RT-66U or better + repeaters for a superb Wi-Fi on all three floors.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes