Possibly the need to upgrade my i7-7700

So I enjoy my fair share of Rainbow Six Siege and my computer can handle it quite well, however I feel like my CPU kind of bottlenecks me from getting my full potential. My PC specs: 1070 Ti, i7-7700 3.60GHz, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB Kingston SSD and 250 GB Kingston SSD. When I game and try to stream at the same time, my CPU just gives up and the stream lags every second or drops to like 15 FPS. My task manager shows that my CPU usage is 100% when i game and stream. Is it worth to upgrade my rig or do I just settle down with low graphics in game (which has been shown to help the CPU usage). What do you guys think?

What type of encoding do you utilise when streaming? What bitrate are you attempting?

If you're using x264 try playing siege in 1440p /higher graphic settings as this will offload the gameplay to the gpu

You could look into a Ryzen 7 config if you are streaming. The 4/8 i7s are not good for streaming AAA titles smoothly.

10 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

What type of encoding do you utilise when streaming? What bitrate are you attempting?

If you're using x264 try playing siege in 1440p /higher graphic settings as this will offload the gameplay to the gpu

I'm attemping 5k bitrate with the new NVENC encoder. Yea i've been meaning to ask how to offload the gaming weight onto the gpu since I think it can handle most of the work itself

12 minutes ago, D8NzZ said:

I'm attemping 5k bitrate with the new NVENC encoder. Yea i've been meaning to ask how to offload the gaming weight onto the gpu since I think it can handle most of the work itself

Try it with x264 presets, twitch gives some presets for setups, like 900p 50 fps etc.

I have an r5 1600 with the same gpu and I get the same fps on 1080p and 1440p so changing details will naturally offload it to the gpu

3 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

Try it with x264 presets, twitch gives some presets for setups, like 900p 50 fps etc.

I have an r5 1600 with the same gpu and I get the same fps on 1080p and 1440p so changing details will naturally offload it to the gpu

isn't the x264 encoding using mainly the CPU to encode and the NVENC the GPU? Pretty sure changing to the x264 would torture the CPU more

19 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

And I am streaming currently on very low graphics but the CPU still gets 100% usage. Is it worth to upgrade and to what CPU should I upgrade to be worth