Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apples ZA

CPU Air Fan

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey there

I just want some advice for a cpu air fan for an i7 2700K cpu. What would be the best air fan for this cpu.

It will be used for gaming and general pc work like sofware development etc... Thanks.

Kind Regards

Apples

Best would be something like the Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15, but this depends on the case you plan to use it in, how tall your RAM is etc... 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

3 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Best would be something like the Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15, but this depends on the case you plan to use it in, how tall your RAM is etc... 

THese are indeed the best air coolers on the market. They do cost close to $80. But are very nice. Not sure if it makes sense for such an old CPU to buy such a nice cooler...

The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is a long time favorite for more budget oriented performance. It costs something like $30. You wont get the performance of the more expensive models, but it performs very well for the cost.

What case and ram are you using? Are you oc'ing?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, WoodenMarker said:

What case and ram are you using? Are you oc'ing?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Moved to Air Cooling. 

Case: Cooler Master CM690 II
OC: Nope, wont be overclocking
Located: South Africa
Budget: R1000 max
Shopping: SA Online stores

Moved to Air cooling: Yes, currently my 2700k is using the corsair h100i v2, I want to use the h100i v2 for my upgrade which is a intel i9 9900K, so just want a good air cooler for my i7 2700K.

1 minute ago, thinwalrus said:

Buying a 100$ cooler for 2700K is beyond ridiculous.

Ok, thats fair, what do you recommend then.

I found a cooler master hyper 212 turbo brand new for R600, was gonna for that

3 hours ago, Apples ZA said:

Ok, thats fair, what do you recommend then.

I found a cooler master hyper 212 turbo brand new for R600, was gonna for that

A Hans would be better: https://www.wootware.co.za/reeven-rc-1205-hans-120mm-fan-black-and-yellow-cpu-cooler.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.