CPU Air Fan

Apples ZA

Hey there

I just want some advice for a cpu air fan for an i7 2700K cpu. What would be the best air fan for this cpu.

It will be used for gaming and general pc work like sofware development etc... Thanks.

Kind Regards

Apples

Best would be something like the Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15, but this depends on the case you plan to use it in, how tall your RAM is etc... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Best would be something like the Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15, but this depends on the case you plan to use it in, how tall your RAM is etc... 

THese are indeed the best air coolers on the market. They do cost close to $80. But are very nice. Not sure if it makes sense for such an old CPU to buy such a nice cooler...

The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is a long time favorite for more budget oriented performance. It costs something like $30. You wont get the performance of the more expensive models, but it performs very well for the cost.

• 2 weeks later...

What case and ram are you using? Are you oc'ing?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, WoodenMarker said:

What case and ram are you using? Are you oc'ing?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Moved to Air Cooling. 

Case: Cooler Master CM690 II
OC: Nope, wont be overclocking
Located: South Africa
Budget: R1000 max
Shopping: SA Online stores

Moved to Air cooling: Yes, currently my 2700k is using the corsair h100i v2, I want to use the h100i v2 for my upgrade which is a intel i9 9900K, so just want a good air cooler for my i7 2700K.

1 minute ago, thinwalrus said:

Buying a 100$ cooler for 2700K is beyond ridiculous.

Ok, thats fair, what do you recommend then.

I found a cooler master hyper 212 turbo brand new for R600, was gonna for that

3 hours ago, Apples ZA said:

Ok, thats fair, what do you recommend then.

I found a cooler master hyper 212 turbo brand new for R600, was gonna for that

A Hans would be better: https://www.wootware.co.za/reeven-rc-1205-hans-120mm-fan-black-and-yellow-cpu-cooler.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.