Gigabyte aorus master x570 error 90

Someone else had problems with this motherboard?  99% sure my aorus master bricked it self from a system crash. Was using Maya a 3d application, when my pc froze. Now I get error 90 with a red vga light. tested 3 gpus still the same error, and no luck with Q-flash plus or backup bios

Give us a bit more specs man, we cant help you if we dont know.
Else just try a new CPU. Or RAM.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Corsair Hydro H115i PRO

MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti VENTUS

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 

Ballistix 2400MHz 16GB

Corsair RM750, 750W PSU

AFAIK error 90 on a Gigabyte motherboard involves the boot device.  Try disconnecting your OS drive and booting the PC from a Linux USB stick, see if it gets to desktop that way.

EDIT : Don't have the codes for the X570, but this is what's listed for earlier models :

90 | Phase transfer to Boot Device

going to upgrade to a new psu Corsair HX1200i, 1200W PSU and G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 RGB 64GB 3200Mhz, but need to fix my motherboard first ?

Hmm, i guess i personaly would start by clearing the CMOS.
And if that wont works do what @Captain Chaos (i like your name :) ) said.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just looked up the manual for your motherboard, and it looks like the codes remain the same.

Code 90 is "Phase transfer to BDS (Boot Device Selection) from DXE".

I know that DXE stands for Driver Execution Environment, but I can't make much sense of the rest due to not being too familiar with Gigabyte.  I'm sure someone can fill us in on that.

Have pushed the CMOS button, but still no bios screen and same error 90. I have unplugged my ssd's and test only with cpu, one stick of memory and a gpu still no luck. 

You could try flashing the BIOS, but if that fails I'd contact Gigabyte's support.  There's little more we can do or suggest. 

Have tested Q-flash on a usb stick, same error? guess I need to send it back... Was a mistake to try a gigabyte card?

Could be bad luck.  S**t happens.  With electronics you never know when and how things will go wrong.  At least it's under warranty.

Same problem happening to me today. I found your post searching for an answer.

It will run through codes at start up and get stuck at 90. I updated to bios F5l last week, but it had been running ok.

specs:

X570 master, 3900x, 2080ti MSI Trio, Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 3200, hp nvme.

Removed everything but CPU and a stick of ram and same issue. Tried clearing cmos...switching to second bios... No luck with anything.

I have just had the same issue, was playing rust, thought it was a power outtage or fluctuation as the system died, now won't boot, hits code 90 and freezes. Have tried clear cmos and breadboarding it. 

About to pull my cpu and try q flash +

3800x

Corsair h150i pro

Aorus master x570

Trident z Royal 2x 16GB 3200

Msi gaming x 1080ti

Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme

Corsair r750i

:/

Edited by hammer3339
Info

Must be something really wrong with the x570 master? 

I RMA my motherboard, so need to wait a week to hear whats wrong with the card. Keep me updated if you get it to work agian

yeah the bios chip on this board is socketed, gonna try and get Gigabyte to send me a new bios chip, q flash plus processed fine but still getting the same issue, used the dip switches to try different bios setups and all the same so i think the chip has failed completely.

Update:

RMA accepted, so just need to wait for the new motherboard. If you have error 90, unfortunately, you are one of the unlucky ones too?

Bad news for all of you, i pulled the board from my server to test the CPU and my 3800x that was in the master is dead, re tested master with a 3600 out of my server and its working fine.

Everyone in this thread probably has a dead CPU not mobo

Same here? they tested my cpu and motherboard. The 3900x was dead not the motherboard.

so I was 99% worng about the motherboard?

Buildzoid did say the Master should last "until the heat death of the universe" haha

seems it may have been an issue with a bios revision over volting the cpu basically

Just like everyone else... It was the CPU not the motherboard. The RMA process went smoothly even though AMD's is hard to track progress. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe my CPU died already? Having the same error, starting an RMA process to see how it goes...

• 1 year later...

I'm joining a bit late the party but I'd like to share my experience with code 90.

In my case BOTH MB AND CPU died. Was a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master with a 5950X.

I was idling in FireFox when the PC turns itself off. Just like that.

I hit the power button, the lights are on but I just get a code: 90. Nothing else.

At the begining and after some basic test (Clear CMOS, try to update the BIOS, check connections, only one stick of RAM,...) I moved my whole machine (at least 25 kg) to a local hardware shop in France but they did not do their (paying) diagnostic job properly and as soon as they saw that the MB was unresponsive they told me to only change it. Nothing about the CPU (only did I know that the RAM and graphics card were also OK).

So I got a new one (Asus Dark Hero); rebuild the system entirely with the old CPU.

Power button. Code 90. Lol.

About 4 weeks of waiting for the same error.

This time I return (only) both CPU an MB at the same time.

CPU: RMA accepted quickly (a mail to AMD, some photo, a package and let's go).

Mobo: Asus (who though it was certainly the due to the mobo) told me to do a lot of test. Nothing. So I had to send it back to the reseller (the same who did the diagnostic). One and a half week later this time they told me it was not bricked. So the first must have died while in action with the CPU. If the MB don't POST for a first try, it (I suppose) should not kill her.

So I did a last try with the new CPU and ANOTHER MB: it worked. Never been so happy to see a BIOS.

Side note during the 2nd error period, my VGA LED was also turned on but my graphic card was OK, I guess the system just can't handle the part where the GC gets into action.

It was awfully stressful as this gaming rig should have been some kind of reward to me... And I lost about 6 weeks with that story (and my hair).

So if you're experiencing the same situation, check both CPU and MB.

See y'all.