Cisco goes Apple route for "ownership"

This is just another reason added to the list that I don't recommend CISCO's enterprise gear to people.

40 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Cisco is not the only one playing this game in the networking space

Aruba is the only one I can really think of.  Juniper is actually moving more towards Open Source, but we will see how that pans out.

11 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Cisco is not the only one playing this game in the networking space

At least they don't charge you to use third party optics like some vendors ;)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

16 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

This is just another reason added to the list that I don't recommend CISCO's enterprise gear to people.

As far as I can tell this only applies for DNA licenses, everything else is perpetual. I'm going to do some more digging though but I have a feeling this is something that's being blown out of proportion because Cisco won't open up a bit more about what's tied to Smart licenses and what's not.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

As far as I can tell this only applies for DNA licenses, everything else is perpetual. I'm going to do some more digging though but I have a feeling this is something that's being blown out of proportion because Cisco won't open up a bit more about what's tied to Smart licenses and what's not.

When people post "dirt" on what companies are doing I always take it with a grain of salt but regardless of the accuracy of what's above I have my own reasons that I don't pressure people to go out and buy their switches & routers.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

When people post "dirt" on what companies are doing I always take it with a grain of salt but regardless of the accuracy of what's above I have my own reasons that I don't pressure people to go out and buy their switches & routers.

That's fine. I still want to make sure that it's just DNA center stuff that needs a Smart license :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

after their IOS software got hacked to hell and mocked they shut all their software up so you need invoices and other crap to even get the software. go with Ubiquiti or something cuz messing with old cisco gear is a pain in the ass sometimes imposable