Did I destroy my brand new card?

Hello everyone I have been struggling with a problem the whole day and can't figure it out.

My specs:

2200g

2070 MSI Armor

2x8 gb corsair 3000MHz

Thermaltake smart 750W

MSI gaming plus mobo b450

I wanted to dual boot linux and windows so I decided to install linux on my second HDD(windows is on SSD). I installed it and then I could not boot into windows so I reinstalled windows. So far so good.

Then when I got into windows my screen starts to go solid, random colors randomly. I figured its a driver problem so I removed driver with DDU and reinstalled it, no avail.

So I switched to my mobo's HDMI output but I can't get it to working, formatted windows bunch of times, ran chkdsk and did secure erase on ssd and reinstalled windows, nope.

One time it seemed to work fine, I plugged my hdmi to GPU and ran a benchmark, temps did seemed fine (60-70 max) and average 40 fps on 1080p extreme, so I don't think(hope) my gpu is dead. Then it started to do it again, but this time only happened when I opened/closed any program. Screen would go black for 2-5 seconds and come back.

Then I checked event logs thru device manager. It showed nvidia driver would stop working but recovered succesfully, everytime the screen went black.

I don't have any more ideas, should I send the gpu back? What else can I do?

4 minutes ago, hayalbaz said:

I don't have any more ideas, should I send the gpu back? What else can I do?

Does the card work fine under Linux?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Does the card work fine under Linux?

I didn't try it, and can't now as I wiped that hdd aswell.

1 minute ago, hayalbaz said:

I didn't try it, and can't now as I wiped that hdd aswell.

Well, I'm going to have to recommend that you re-install Linux and test. It's always a good idea to try both Windows and Linux, IMHO, when you run into problems. Under Linux, the system log (dmesg) may contain some useful error-messages, for example, that Windows might not catch.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Well, I'm going to have to recommend that you re-install Linux and test. It's always a good idea to try both Windows and Linux, IMHO, when you run into problems. Under Linux, the system log (dmesg) may contain some useful error-messages, for example, that Windows might not catch.

Well I will give it a try, but now my windows freezes completely, then goes black screen but I can move my cursor. Right now I am removing my GPU and HDD, only using SSD and integrated gpu to get them runing properly.