Need assistance

Hi, I'm new to these sort of things and I need help. Just recently upgraded my graphics card to 2080ti and I've been testing games in 4k ultra settings to test their performance, because im the type of guy who likes to look at beautiful things in games :) Anyways, I just downloaded BF5 to see it's performance in 4k ultra settings and I've noticed that it's benchmark wasn't as close to the benchmarks I've seen online which is close to 70-80 fps average. Mine is averaging around 50 fps and only goes above 60 when I look up into the sky. Both cpu and gpu have been overclocked. I've switched to dx11 in settings, no ray tracing. Also vsync is off. I would be very happy if anyone can help me solve this. I will write down my specs and also attatch what gpu tweak showed me whilst i was in game. Thanks guys, and also a reminder, I'm a complete noob so please explain to me in a way that a beginner can understand.

Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO MOTHERBOARD

Ram: 8g KINGSTON 2400MHZ DD4 HYPERX x2 (16g intotal)

Cpu: INTEL CORE I7-900K

Gpu: ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080TI ADVANCED 11GB GDDR6

500 GB SSD SAMSUNG

Also have 650W power supply, forgot what brand. 

If there's any other details you guys need let me know i'll try my best to let know you. 

2000 dollars for this.png

First of all in the future please come up with a better title. It helps for those who might know how to help in a specific area troubleshoot things. Second That cpu is your issue. That cpu will bottleneck your system super heavily. The only way to improve on that is upgrading ram, motherboard and cpu (cause you can't just plop in a new cpu in that motherboard).

Thanks for the advice, and I will in the future. 

So it's the cpu? Sorry I did a typo, it's i7 9700k, if that makes any difference or is it still a problem? 

2 minutes ago, no money no honey said:

So it's the cpu? Sorry I did a typo, it's i7 9700k, if that makes any difference or is it still a problem? 

I figured that might be a typo due to the ram you listed..

It shouldn't be the CPU then. Have you tried doing a complete gpu driver wipe, then reinstall them? 

12 minutes ago, no money no honey said:

8g KINGSTON 2400MHZ DD4 HYPERX x2 (16g intotal)

this ram speed is a little low, you'd see quite a performance increase if you overclock it. Memory bandwidth matters in AAA titles.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, no money no honey said:

I was going to say I thought this or something similar was your cpu https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/core-i7-900-ee-and-desktop-processor-series-32nm-spec-update.html. No that isn't your problem then (at least it shouldn't affect you nearly to that extent if it is). The only thing that I could think of is your power supply (you have a very beefy cpu and gpu without that high of wattage psu to back up the higher loads).

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

this ram speed is a little low, you'd see quite a performance increase if you overclock it. Memory bandwidth matters in AAA titles.

It shouldn't be ram. I can get significantly better frames than he's getting, with a 1660 Ti and DDR3.

EDIT: Wait... I just saw he's playing in 4K, so disregard my example. But I am still doubtful that it would be his ram, as 2400 mhz DDR4 should be fine. 

1 minute ago, mattheginger said:

It shouldn't be ram. I can get significantly better frames than he's getting, with a 1660 Ti and DDR3.

at 4k?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

at 4k?

Yeah I just noticed that and edited my post..

5 minutes ago, sharknado34 said:

Try doing a fresh driver install as someone stated above.

I did that not too long ago but I'll give it another shot. 

Nope, I just did a fresh driver install and it's still the same. Any other solution to this? 

Is there a software I can use to see if everything is working properly? Because I did build this comp myself for the first time with no experience, and maybe something is not installed properly? idk 

Just an update : I switched to my 1080p monitor, and was only getting around 90-100 fps which is below other benchmarks I've seen online with ultra...

Compare your specs to the specs of the benchmark reviewer. Maybe try enabling xmp in your mothboard bios if possible, it could help. It's probably your ram, that or you need a better power supply (and it might be reaching the limit of the power supply power)