Rate this build. Would you change anything?

Vectraat
Keep in mind, this is Canadian pricing, and we tend to get screwed. I prefer to have at least some RGB in this build, opting for a black case with white accents and a teal/pink RGB combination. The only thing I'm not willing to change is the case and I prefer Nvidia/Intel over AMD so keep that in mind. I'm also NOT willing to pay more than this as this build was already $590 over budget.

-Intel Core i5-9600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.6GHz Turbo)LGA1151

-COOLERMASTER MASTERAIR MA410P RGB

-ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming S1151 Z390-E DDR4 DP HDMI USB WiFi ATX

-G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 228pin DDR4-3200

-Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V7S500B/AM 970 EVO PLUS 500GB NVM Express M.2

-ZOTAC GEFORE RTX 2070 8GB DDR6 PCI-E

-Fractal Design R6 Black TG (Tempered Glass Window)

-Corsair RM750x White CP-9020155-NA 750W

-MICROSOFT KW9-00140 Windows 10 Home 64Bit 1-Pack English DSP OEI DVD Brown

-CoolerMaster Universal RGB LED Strip

$3,090.53 CAD  This price includes: Taxes, Building, 1 Year Warranty and 3 years Labor.

in terms of value / cost : 1/13

performance: 5/8

visual: 0/1 (picture?) 

all rgb with a non rg gpu??

7 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

Should wait like 2 weeks for Ryzen 3000, should just about hit parity in games and still give more cores/threads for the money.

What's your monitor resolution/refresh rate?

You can install and use windows for free straight from microsoft.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, Vectraat said:
-Intel Core i5-9600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.6GHz Turbo)LGA1151
-COOLERMASTER MASTERAIR MA410P RGB
-ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming S1151 Z390-E DDR4 DP HDMI USB WiFi ATX
-G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 228pin DDR4-3200
-Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V7S500B/AM 970 EVO PLUS 500GB NVM Express M.2
-ZOTAC GEFORE RTX 2070 8GB DDR6 PCI-E
-Fractal Design R6 Black TG (Tempered Glass Window)
-Corsair RM750x White CP-9020155-NA 750W
-MICROSOFT KW9-00140 Windows 10 Home 64Bit 1-Pack English DSP OEI DVD Brown
-CoolerMaster Universal RGB LED Strip
$3,090.53 CAD  This price includes: Taxes, Building, 1 Year Warranty and 3 years Labor.

I'd drop the flashy CoolerMaster cooler and grab something a bit better, such as the Noctua NH-D15 (https://amzn.to/2Kss6nl) or the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 (https://amzn.to/2ZuaaMz). You'll get better cooling and less noise from either of these units, and you'll be able to overclock higher if that's something you're interested in.

Drop the 970 Evo and get an 860 Evo 1TB instead. There isn't much noticeable difference between an NVMe and SATA SSD in terms of bootup and game/program loading times.

Grab Windows from somewhere such as r/MicrosoftSoftwareSwap on Reddit. I've bought several copies from there over the years and haven't had issues with any of them.

I'd personally switch over to AMD and wait for 3rd gen Ryzen to drop. Should be able to get better performance for less money, without all of Intel's security issues.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

9 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

I'd drop the flashy CoolerMaster cooler and grab something a bit better, such as the Noctua NH-D15 (https://amzn.to/2Kss6nl) or the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 (https://amzn.to/2ZuaaMz). You'll get better cooling and less noise from either of these units, and you'll be able to overclock higher if that's something you're interested in.

Drop the 970 Evo and get an 860 Evo 1TB instead. There isn't much noticeable difference between an NVMe and SATA SSD in terms of bootup and game/program loading times.

Grab Windows from somewhere such as r/MicrosoftSoftwareSwap on Reddit. I've bought several copies from there over the years and haven't had issues with any of them.

I'd personally switch over to AMD and wait for 3rd gen Ryzen to drop. Should be able to get better performance for less money, without all of Intel's security issues.

Noctua coolers make my eyes bleed. I know they're good, but I would never buy one because they look like shit in my opinion. The Be Quiet! Looks better, but I'm also not gonna OC this build. The CM was more for the RGB than actual performance.

Over the course of many many years with many different products I've been hearing on-and-off about how AMD is finally gonna mop the floor with Intel/Nvidia and it never materializes. Maybe it will this time, but I'm not willing to wait 3+ weeks for AMD. And yeah, security flaws suck, but oh well. I need something within a week unfortunately, not 3+ weeks.

I have no idea what that subredit is about. Cracked version? 

1 minute ago, Vectraat said:

What resoltuion/refresh rate is your monitor?

If you haven't been keeping up with Ryzen it hits about 90-100fps in modern AAA games, while intel would be about at 120+ fps on average, so the difference isn't that great even on 2nd gen ryzen and it's a good deal cheaper.

But why are you buying a K CPU if you aren't going to overclock?

That's how it currently compares on price anyways.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/C4BY7W

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($209.95 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Team - Dark 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $407.44

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Should wait like 2 weeks for Ryzen 3000, should just about hit parity in games and still give more cores/threads for the money.

What's your monitor resolution/refresh rate?

You can install and use windows for free straight from microsoft.

Just a peasant Dell 60Hz 1080p. I had a second monitor but it died. So I may look to buy a new one. I was looking at G-Sync monitors last year but decided against them due to how insanely expensive they were and poor quality control. Maybe I should just settle on a 1080p high refresh? What would you recommend for refresh/monitor size/brand etc? Link if you feel like it.

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What resoltuion/refresh rate is your monitor?

If you haven't been keeping up with Ryzen it hits about 90-100fps in modern AAA games, while intel would be about at 120+ fps on average, so the difference isn't that great even on 2nd gen ryzen and it's a good deal cheaper.

That's how it currently compares on price anyways.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/C4BY7W

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($209.95 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Team - Dark 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $407.44

Dunno about the K processor, didn't notice it. Guess the guy who sent me this quote missed the part where I specifically told him that I was not interested in OC'ing. Unfortunately the guy from the computer shop didn't include individual pricing for the components, probably for obvious reasons. 

Just a peasant Dell 60Hz 1080p. I had a second monitor but it died. So I may look to buy a new one. I was looking at G-Sync monitors last year but decided against them due to how insanely expensive they were and poor quality control. Maybe I should just settle on a 1080p high refresh? What would you recommend for refresh/monitor size/brand etc? Link if you feel like it.

The free-sync displays should all be fine. If you're already over budget you should really just pick up a Ryzen 5 CPU and an RX 570/580 which will be perfectly fine and lower cost with a new display. Just have to run AAA games at medium settings to hit over 100fps with that GPU, Nvidia let people use free-sync now finally as well.

Or seriously just wait and see what happens on July 7th, that's when all the new things come out.
https://wccftech.com/retailer-leaks-prices-of-amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-motherboards/

It's also really easy to just build the PC yourself

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/vdvbt6/acer-ed242qr-abidpx-236-1920x1080-144hz-monitor-ed242qr-abidpx

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

I have no idea what that subredit is about. Cracked version? 

It's not cracked (that'd be free and illegal). As far as I know, they use volume licensing or something like that to get keys for really cheap then resell them. No special copies of Windows needed or anything, and the keys are legit.

If you ever have an issue with one of the keys, just contact the person you bought it from and they'll probably help you out.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

i5 9600 has a base clock of 3.10GHz, whereas the 9600K has a base clock of 3.70GHz. Both have a max turbo of 4.60GHz.

Not to mention the i5 9600 isn't exactly easy to find for sale, if it's even available at all. (Probably only for OEMs)

Dunno about the K processor, didn't notice it. Guess the guy who sent me this quote missed the part where I specifically told him that I was not interested in OC'ing. Unfortunately the guy from the computer shop didn't include individual pricing for the components, probably for obvious reasons. 

You can also find cheap keys on ebay, but microsoft lets you install and use windows 10 forever without a key now you just get a tiny watermark. in the bottom of the screen.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The free-sync displays should all be fine. If you're already over budget you should really just pick up a Ryzen 5 CPU and an RX 570/580 which will be perfectly fine and lower cost with a new display. Just have to run AAA games at medium settings to hit over 100fps with that GPU, Nvidia let people use free-sync now finally as well.

Or seriously just wait and see what happens on July 7th, that's when all the new things come out.
https://wccftech.com/retailer-leaks-prices-of-amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-motherboards/

It's also really easy to just build the PC yourself

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/vdvbt6/acer-ed242qr-abidpx-236-1920x1080-144hz-monitor-ed242qr-abidpx

Yeah, I know that Nvidia + Freesync works, but G-Sync monitors are still higher quality. But maybe now I'm a little less picky about the difference. I really only follow tech every now and then, not every day, not once per week or even once per month. Too little time and too much shit to keep on top of. So I usually trust other people for my builds, but even with my limited knowledge, some people have been suggesting components that even I know are crap/have issues. So I have no idea what to do anymore. 

I'm not waiting. Even if you were to tell me that whatever AMD has cookin' is gonna be 2x as fast for 50% of the cost, I would still not wait. 

Yeah, I know about PCPartPicker. 

What computer shop is this from and what are you actually wanting to use the computer for? Gaming or otherwise

1 minute ago, Vectraat said:

Even if you aren't waiting a Ryzen 5 2600 gives you perfectly fine performance for $100 less than the 9600K

Otherwise G-sync and Free-sync displays are going to use the same panels depending on the model. Just check reviews for the lower priced free-sync displays.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

What computer shop is this from and what are you actually wanting to use the computer for? Gaming or otherwise

Just a local computer shop. Gaming/Productivity/Multi-tasking and MAYBE--big maybe--video editing later on, but likely not. I think there's a bit of a language barrier between myself and the guy so I may ask for a quotation else where.

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Even if you aren't waiting a Ryzen 5 2600 gives you perfectly fine performance for $100 less than the 9600K

Otherwise G-sync and Free-sync displays are going to use the same panels depending on the model. Just check reviews for the lower priced free-sync displays.

Waiting for some monitor recommendations from you. ?

Just now, Vectraat said:

Waiting for some monitor recommendations from you. ?

already linked one

You should get an 8700K if you aren't going with Ryzen for that other stuff

18 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Spoiler

You're getting super boned on that quote. Thats off the Canadian PC Partpicker, the only thing missing is the RGB strip (I know corsairs is 45 bucks, I assume coolermaster is similar), and windows which is like 119 new but can be found online for less than $10. Where in Canada are you at?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

already linked one

You should get an 8700K if you aren't going with Ryzen for that other stuff

You linked an Acer. Waiting for a real suggestion. ^_^;
Just kidding, but kinda not. I missed it when you linked it earlier, but why Acer? 

1 hour ago, Vectraat said:

Just kidding, but kinda not. I missed it when you linked it earlier, but why Acer? 

I have an Acer Predator right now, best monitor Ive ever owned.

5 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

You're getting super boned on that quote. Thats off the Canadian PC Partpicker, the only thing missing is the RGB strip (I know corsairs is 45 bucks, I assume coolermaster is similar), and windows which is like 119 new but can be found online for less than $10. Where in Canada are you at?

Vanshitty, also known as Vancouver BC. 

Edit: So what would you change with this build? I've never used Zotac GPU's before. Kinda surprised he recommended one over something like EVGA/Gigabyte etc. The problem with ordering shit from PCPartPicker and not from a local computer shop is that I doubt you get a 1 year warranty on the build, so if something goes wrong I have to take time out of my day to troubleshoot and then RMA--assuming I can even isolate the issue--and WAIT for who knows how long to get a replacement part. The guy in the shop goes to the back, grabs the part and swaps it out. But yeh, not cool about being boned 1k extra. 

10 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

In case you didn't know there's only a few companies who make the panels that go into PC monitors. Most everyone has the same kinds of panels. Otherwise just use the part picker and search by free-sync and 144hz

Spoiler

This entire build at that price could be had from Memory Express, they charge a very reasonable price to build if you dont wanna do it yourself and even after taxes youre coming out ahead of the other place and might have enough left for your monitor upgrade. Or if you build yourself you can buy a windows key online and knock 140 bucks off that price and get an even better monitor

Just now, Streetguru said:

In case you didn't know there's only a few companies who make the panels that go into PC monitors. Most everyone has the same kinds of panels. Otherwise just use the part picker and search by free-sync and 144hz

Yes, I'm aware of that. But Acer makes me soft down below.