Network connection issues

W4ttsy16

Okay so I'm facing some problems with my network connection. For my pc, I'm currently using a set of home plugs ( for those who don't know what these are, they plug into the mains and can be used to give an Ethernet connection across longer distance) as my pc is 2 floors higher than the router. Over the last few days I've been noticing I have extremely high ping in my games (700 consistent in CS:GO). I conducted a speed test on my pc and it said I was getting 0.07 Mbps download. I then conducted a speed test for WiFi on my phone and it said i was getting 100 Mbps. I have restarted my router countless times, unlinked my home plugs and linked them again. I'm out of ideas. Please help me!

Can you connect your PC to WiFi? If so try that and see if its your PC or the internet.

Alternatively you could move your PC downstairs and connect it straight to the router with a cable to see if its the PC or the home plug things

No my board doesn't have wifi on it. but thanks ill try connecting directly.

@W4ttsy16 By home plugs I'm guessing you mean Powerline Adapters? If so how new are they? Powerline Adapters work great in the right circumstances, but if you have an older home with old electrical they can have a real problem especially newer high speed models have trouble transmitting the signal through the old electrical, same thing happens with newer homes that used cheap wiring. I would as @Mr_Argon said try a direct ethernet connection and see if it still has the same result, if you're phone gets 100mbs I can tell you right now a nice pcie wifi adapter will get better than that from the same location, might want to invest in one of them if the Powerline Adapters don't work.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

@SpookyCitrus I tried the direct Ethernet connection and i was getting 100 Mbps.The power line adapters are about 2 years old. could you recommend a good pcie wifi adapter?