Acer tablet not starting... Only black screen

FlamesFans13

HI, first time posting, my acer B3-A30 (Which I got about 2 years ago BTW) was working fine before i had to go on a trip for a few days and left it alone charging. When i came back the red charging light was off and it would not turn on at all. I tried using a different charger and leaving it for a while and trying to turn it on, no dice. I've tried everything from holding power button for about a minute to taking the back off and inspecting the battery, nothing seems to be wrong. Any ideas would be Greatly Appreciated.

6 hours ago, FlamesFans13 said:

HI, first time posting, my acer B3-A30 (Which I got about 2 years ago BTW) was working fine before i had to go on a trip for a few days and left it alone charging. When i came back the red charging light was off and it would not turn on at all. I tried using a different charger and leaving it for a while and trying to turn it on, no dice. I've tried everything from holding power button for about a minute to taking the back off and inspecting the battery, nothing seems to be wrong. Any ideas would be Greatly Appreciated.

It can be any reason of the many possibilities. The 2 most common is that the device died, which is not very likely since the charging circuit has a fail-safe kinda system. The second possibility is a over discharged battery.

Here's what you can do, get a multimeter and check the output of the battery. If the battery outputs a current of somewhere near 3.5V then it's not dead. You can try resurrecting a over discharged battery by connect the respective pins of a usb cable into the battery directly. Just avoid using the power brick for this purpose. A usb 3.0 port is good enough. And do it only for a minute or two just until the battery gets warm. Then connect the battery but don't turn on the device. Connect the charged while it's off.

I guess this is a very dangerous method and I don't want anyone to get hurt but I have tried it myself numerous times on 4 devices. 2 Lenovo K3 Notes , 1 Redmi Note 3 and a Asus Zenpad C 7.0.

How would an over discharged battery be possible if I left it be with it plugged in and it reported itself charging. If anything could it have died from too much current going in with nowhere to go so the battery over charged basically killing itself in the process?

Also one small detail the battery is a 6000mAh Lithium Polymer Battery

2 hours ago, FlamesFans13 said:

How would an over discharged battery be possible if I left it be with it plugged in and it reported itself charging. If anything could it have died from too much current going in with nowhere to go so the battery over charged basically killing itself in the process?

It happens with old devices I guess. I can over charge. Check the output voltage will you please ???

1 hour ago, Lalit Kumar said:

Check the output voltage will you please ???

The output voltage is 5V with the amperage being 2.4 Maximum

22 hours ago, FlamesFans13 said:

The output voltage is 5V with the amperage being 2.4 Maximum

Is this of the battery ? I have never seen a tablet with this much output. I think you are talking about the power brick output. But if this is your battery output, then it might not be dead.

oh sorry was talking about the power brick output... How would i check the output of the battery?

12 hours ago, FlamesFans13 said:

oh sorry was talking about the power brick output... How would i check the output of the battery?

Using a multimeter

Well no shit, what connector and what pins in the connector do I put the multimeters leads on? I've never done this before, you've gotta be specific.