Seagate SSHD can't boot. Sometimes.

Go to solution Solved by Doobeedoo,

I've had this drive years ago, did RMA it as well and had these similar issues. Eventually they replaced it for me for SSD. 

Hi guys! I have a bit of a weird situation here. I got for free from my friend, SSHD from Seagate. Normally, it doesn't boot at all, despite the fact that it spins. Sometimes though, it works flawlessly. It's so random that I have no idea what could cause it. SeaTools does not detect it, but Disk Manager detects it up to ~1,5 minutes after booting to windows, then it disappears. As I got it for free, I'm happy to try any options you will drop. 

Did you ever had something like that? How did you combat it? 

P.S. Disk1, that's the one on photos below, and whenever I try to do anything with it, it gives me the error. But like I said, sometimes it works flawlessly. (1 out of 80 starts of PC).

Update#1: When I connected it through outside HDD case through USB 3.0 - nothing happened at all. USB 2.0, worked, but windows said that there's a fatal hardware problem. (attachment 3)

sshdfail.png

sshdfail2.png

sshdfail3.png

I'm a conductor of a POOP train!

3 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

is the sata connector fully in?

Yup. Checked it 3 times. It even made my PC fail at boot twice after it went on with Windows, so had to disconnect. Update #2: It is detected in external case with SeaTools and it does pass "Long Generic" test, but fails "Short Generic". Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I'm a conductor of a POOP train!

I've had this drive years ago, did RMA it as well and had these similar issues. Eventually they replaced it for me for SSD. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |