Just another cheap but good request thread

f2bacon

I'm currently using the logitech marathon mouse and a velocifire wireless backlit keyboard.
I've been trying to take my setup more serious since I've been doing upgrades and was looking to throw a little money into peripherals too.
I prefer buying used to save money when possible since I'm in New York I can usually hop on craigslist and find someone basically throwing away good stuff.

For a mouse I'm looking for something that can be used wired or wireless, but any "best under $30" works for me. I was looking at the fnatic stuff since it's easy to find cheap ($20 for the flick 2). Either that or just spending a little extra and preordering the model o mouse.

For a keyboard I'm also looking for wired/wireless but prefer a small setup (currently using 87key). RGB is a bonus, but I'd rather have better battery life since charging this once a week is pretty lame and I'm gonna end up leaving it plugged in all the time and at that rate I'd rather get something new and replace the one at my job with this one.

Thanks for any suggestions, you guys steered my great in my overall build and helped me avoid some major pitfalls.

7 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

For a mouse I'm looking for something that can be used wired or wireless, but any "best under $30" works for me. I was looking at the fnatic stuff since it's easy to find cheap. Either that or just spending a little extra and preordering the model o mouse.

I personally go against branded Peripherals, any feels comfort and rigid is good.

I am using the mouse below, e-blue, 4x led inside (pretty bright) and cheap

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.75662f9121beeM&id=9767238895&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&abbucket=15&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

Oh yeah I don't mind small brands at all, but if it comes down to some random brand mouse for $20 new or something logitech for $20 used, I'd rather get the one with features like unifying hub receiver. I don't mind spending a little money, this isn't one of those I need the cheapest possible peripherals things.
I'm just thinking for the money is $20 for a fnatic flick pro 2 good? Should I wait for the model o mouse? Is there something else that's really liked that's relatively cheap?

The Logitech G300s is quite a good mouse for its price. I'm from the UK but I think it equates ti like $20 for you, maybe take a look.

And as for keyboards maybe the Turtle Beach Impact 100, again, not sure about the price, maybe $20 again.

Hope this helps in anyway! :)

Current PC

CPUIntel Core i9 9900k

GPUGTX 1080 8GB FTW EVGA

MotherboardASUS PRIME Z370-A II

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 Mhz

Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Storage 2: Hyper X 240GB

PSU: Corsair RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W

Peripherals: Logitech G502 Hero//Corsair K70 MK 2 Cherry MX Red

Display: BenQ XL2430T 24-inch 144Hz

Is there maybe a mouse and keyboard megathread I'm missing?

4 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

Is there maybe a mouse and keyboard megathread I'm missing?

Don't think there is one. Do you want your keyboard to have "gamery" look or not a fan of that?

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Don't think there is one. Do you want your keyboard to have "gamery" look or not a fan of that?

I'd prefer something more low key but I sorta like rgb as long as I can turn it off haha

9 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

I'd prefer something more low key but I sorta like rgb as long as I can turn it off haha

Look into these combos then https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Devastator-Keyboard-Settings/dp/B072N93MLB or a bit more low key,but bit pricier and with better lighting https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KBXKMM6/ref=emc_b_5_i not TKL though and mouses are wired. But if it was me I would get something bit better, from reddragon, that's mechanical, no rgb for this price though https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-KUMARA-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B016MAK38U/ref=pd_cp_63_2?pd_rd_w=5qYf4&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=NCVFJ5C3VW251PM7CZYG&pd_rd_r=d239406f-7cab-11e9-a69b-37a3210f4837&pd_rd_wg=ghWHv&pd_rd_i=B016MAK38U&psc=1&refRID=NCVFJ5C3VW251PM7CZYG  and Logitech G300S, but that's me. When it comes to used, no ideas there, different options in USA, can't recommend anything too much, no idea what's floating in craigslist and etc.

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Look into these combos then

Definitely interested in the reddragon. Might spring for the rgb one if I can find it used

4 minutes ago, f2bacon said:

Definitely interested in the reddragon. Might spring for the rgb one if I can find it used

It might be fairly hard to find used ones, at least where I live there aren't any used ones on sale anywhere. BTW I would keep the setup you already have, they are quite decent options, maybe just  buy new mouse if you are a gamer, I doubt you will find something much better, even used, 20 bucks per item is fairly low, you can get way better mouse than your current one for 40 bucks.

I was considering $50 for the model o mouse cause if I don't like it, it seems like people are selling them for up to $100 on ebay. But I'm so used to wireless I was looking for stuff that could be used wired or wireless

Just now, f2bacon said:

I was considering $50 for the model o mouse cause if I don't like it, it seems like people are selling them for up to $100 on ebay

Well, I dislike the way it looks, but it's a good mouse, worth those 50 dollars IMO.