8700k high temps

Pro4TLZZ

Hi all this is my build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Pro4TLZZ/saved/VXntgs 

CPU     Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor              
CPU Cooler     CRYORIG - H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler              
Motherboard     Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard              
Memory     Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory              
Video Card     Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card              
Case     NZXT - H700i ATX Mid Tower Case              
Power Supply     SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

My cpu is currently overclocked to 4.7ghz on all cores, with llc of 6, vcore of 1.205, max power limit and MCE disabled. My ram is manually overclocked to 3600mhz with the timings from Corsair's specifications. I am using core temp and prime95 26.6 to test temperatures, my cpu shoots up to 89c and hovers in 80-86c. The ambient temps are normal and I have turbo fan profile set for the cpu fan and performance mode on the nzxt cam software. I have reapplied thermal paste and reseated my cooler multiple times. Is there any reason my cpu is pretty toast for a low voltage? I also cleaned all my fans a few days ago. 

Probably the cooler, i was checking some tests and at 4.4 it already reaches 75 C° 167 F

it's teh case + cooler, \

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3108-nzxt-h700i-case-review-better-if-it-were-dumber

nzxt-h700i-cpu-only.png

review shows you lose ~6C with the front off and with it on it's about middle of the pack

also the cooler is below mid range for stock CPUs but when it's paired with an overclocked CPU it literally goes right to the bottom of the pack

6958_25_cryorig-h7-cpu-cooler-review.png

6958_26_cryorig-h7-cpu-cooler-review.png

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6958/cryorig-h7-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html

easiest thing to be done is change the thermal compound I suggest liquid metal if that doesn't work change the cooler

Literally just buy a 1920x is best CPU

AMD shill

AORUS shill

Enjoy me while I'm here, BANHAMMER INC

The H700i has terrible airflow and the case heats up pretty quickly inside. I'd suggest a better case and cooler if possible, something with high airflow like a Fractal Design Meshify series or a corsair crystal case with a lot of intake and plenty of airflow. As well as a beefier cooler for the 8700k especially if you're overclocking, I wouldn't use anything less than a Noctua NH-D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4 for an overclocked 8700k, with a high airflow case and a dark rock pro 4 your temps would drop significantly.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Thanks for the quick replies, on the 2nd day of having my case I broke the side panel so I didn't have it for a week's. That led me to undervolting it as much as I could and it was really cool. Of course then the side panel came back. I paid so much for this case that tbh I would rather someone delid my cpu for me, does anyone know anyone in London who can?

Edit I also have two Corsair silent fans, should I mount those as exhaust?

31 minutes ago, Pro4TLZZ said:

Thanks for the quick replies, on the 2nd day of having my case I broke the side panel so I didn't have it for a week's. That led me to undervolting it as much as I could and it was really cool. Of course then the side panel came back. I paid so much for this case that tbh I would rather someone delid my cpu for me, does anyone know anyone in London who can?

Edit I also have two Corsair silent fans, should I mount those as exhaust?

I don't know how much a shop would charge for that but you should call an see if it's something they do first, and how much it would cost. It could very well be more expensive to have someone delid it then to just buy a new cooler. As for the fans if you have extras and have spots for them you should definitely install them and make the airflow better.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

13 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I don't know how much a shop would charge for that but you should call an see if it's something they do first, and how much it would cost. It could very well be more expensive to have someone delid it then to just buy a new cooler. As for the fans if you have extras and have spots for them you should definitely install them and make the airflow better.

Should I mount both fans as exhaust on the top?

The tricky thing with that case is the intake is drastically reduced do to the closed front panel and small intake ports with thick dust filters. I would do the extra two as out take positioned towards the back of the case.

55 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The tricky thing with that case is the intake is drastically reduced do to the closed front panel and small intake ports with thick dust filters. I would do the extra two as out take positioned towards the back of the case.

Will the dark rock 4 fit Corsair vengeance rgb pro ram? I can't seem to find the specs on Corsair's website

11 minutes ago, Pro4TLZZ said:

Will the dark rock 4 fit Corsair vengeance rgb pro ram? I can't seem to find the specs on Corsair's website

No the Vengeance RGB Pro modules are too tall. You'd have to get LPX I know for a fact those fit.

3 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

No the Vengeance RGB Pro modules are too tall. You'd have to get LPX I know for a fact those fit.

Will I be fine since my ram is dual channel so my first slot is empty?

Do you get same or similar temps with other stress test, like Aida64 and OCCT? Prime95 could be part of issue here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Do you get same or similar temps with other stress test, like Aida64 and OCCT? Prime95 could be part of issue here.

My aida64 trial ran out but I made sure to use the prime 95 with no avx. Version 26.6

38 minutes ago, Pro4TLZZ said:

My aida64 trial ran out but I made sure to use the prime 95 with no avx. Version 26.6

Still, you should always use more than one tester. Prime95 is known for causing high temps even with newer versions of it. OCCT is used by several well known tech-tubers like Jayz2Cents and OC3D.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Still, you should always use more than one tester. Prime95 is known for causing high temps even with newer versions of it. OCCT is used by several well known tech-tubers like Jayz2Cents and OC3D.

I just ran aida64 and it keeps hitting power limit so the temps go up and down whereas with prime95 it gets more watts and temps don't shoot up or down

That case is fine you just need to set it up the fans right i love mine.. there are better but they don't look as cool oh that meshfy c is way too small for me.

1 hour ago, kidroc666 said:

That case is fine you just need to set it up the fans right i love mine.. there are better but they don't look as cool oh that meshfy c is way too small for me.

how do i set the fans right?