so i just bought a 144hz monitor and this sh*t happens

Geraltofrivia

Hey guys i bought the acer kg271cbmidpx on sale 2 weeks ago and at first everything was perfect then suddenly i saw this blurry line right in the middle of the monitor(see the image).Just when i though the monitor is screwed it dissapeared on its own.One week later it appeared again and it seems like switching the monitor off and on fixed it for now but what rly is the problem is it from the monitor or the video card(im running gtx 1060/windows 8.1)

cuz im super pissed i wanted to get a 144hz monitor for years just to see this...

P.S. Just wanna mention that the line in the middle of your crosshair is just unplayable.

IMG_20160925_172916.jpg

Have you tried reseating all of your cables, reseating your GPU, and using a different PCIe slot?

If the problem sometimes seems to "fix itself" there is hope in finding a permanent fix.

What kind of cable are you using between graphic card and monitor? I've only seen such anomaly when connecting my 144Hz monitor to a graphic card using regular DVI cable years ago. You have to use Dual Link DVI, otherwise image is just a total mess (in my case it was all doubled with a slight offset). Using HDMI cable on my ASUS made it unable to run at 144Hz and was locked to 60Hz since it has older HDMI for some reason that only goes to 60Hz. Only after I hooked it up to DisplayPort cable, everything fixed itself and runs fine at 144Hz without any visual or performance issues.

This sucks.  Now go get your warranty replacement.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Might something be wrong in terms of what you picked in terms of display adaptor properties??

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

1 hour ago, Geraltofrivia said:

Hey guys i bought the acer kg271cbmidpx on sale 2 weeks ago and at first everything was perfect then suddenly i saw this blurry line right in the middle of the monitor(see the image).Just when i though the monitor is screwed it dissapeared on its own.One week later it appeared again and it seems like switching the monitor off and on fixed it for now but what rly is the problem is it from the monitor or the video card(im running gtx 1060/windows 8.1)

cuz im super pissed i wanted to get a 144hz monitor for years just to see this...

P.S. Just wanna mention that the line in the middle of your crosshair is just unplayable.

IMG_20160925_172916.jpg

Have you tried using the onboard graphics if you have? If it persists you might want to contact acer for a replacement

Hey guys ty for the quick response so i tried changing the dp cable but it wasnt the case.I updated my nvidia drivers and lets hope i wont see this thing again.But no i havent tried plugging the onboard graphics ill try it if it comes again.