OLED burn in

HoodedBandit

So I today I got myself a new phone from the land of Ebay. I purchased an unlocked Samsung S8. The phone when arrived worked and looked great. I decided to factory reset the phone as thats just good policy when you buy used electronics online. When it rebooted it threw up a massive ghost image of what appears to be youtube. I had not opened youtube on this phone yet and the phone didnt have this ghost image until I factory reset. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to fix this. I have already reset multiple times, cleared cache, cleared everything I could. Im assuming its fixable due to the fact that it didnt come like this and somehow factory resetting it caused the problem. Any advice would be welcome

You cannot fix it, the burnt in image was there, you just couldn't see it. The seller should have declared it really. The only fix is a new screen. 

Burn in is a inherent fault of OLED panels.

5 hours ago, tiggerlator said:

You cannot fix it, the burnt in image was there, you just couldn't see it. The seller should have declared it really. The only fix is a new screen. 

Burn in is a inherent fault of OLED panels.

Thanks! i contacted the seller and they said they would replace it. Any tips on preventing it in the future?

try not toe spend to much time on a specific site, or have a specific app open for long periods, that's it.

Agreed with above.

I have AMOLED screen phone that is hitting four years old soon.  Just make sure to change around content and don't leave an app open all the time if the screen is turned on.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

So wait .. it didnt have any screen burn untill after u factory reset it ?

Screen burn doesnt magically appear after a software reset, its a hardware fault. if it wasnt there at the start ..its not there now. meaning whats being shown is a software issue.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |