Fun stuf to do with Raspberry Pi?

Jeroen1322

Hi guys!

I'm waaaaay ahead of the rest of my class in advanced computer classes and my teacher is a really cool guy so i can F around with some Raspberry Pi's! :D 

What are fun (and not that hard) project what i can do with it? 

Thanks! :) 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Try making one a NAS if you can deal with the 100mbps ethernet port.

I made a beowulf cluster (basically a small-scale "super computer") out of 8 of them using instructions from the University of Southampton, that might be something to look into. Totally pointless really but was pretty fun.

make a delicious dinner for 4 with this

original.jpg

Manners Maketh Man

I made a beowulf cluster (basically a small-scale "super computer") out of 8 of them using instructions from the University of Southampton, that might be something to look into. Totally pointless really but was pretty fun.

Well we have 36 of them doing nothing so that is a possibility but i don't know how to do that.. :( Do you have the instructions still?

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Sweet! :) But is there something that it can do?

Sweet! :) But is there something that it can do?

Well not really lol, I mainly did it for the sake of it, and the university did it primarily to teach students the basics behind how to set up a supercomputer

Well not really lol, I mainly did it for the sake of it, and the university did it primarily to teach students the basics behind how to set up a supercomputer

I could do it just for fun and learn some stuff! :) Maybe to impress some girls *kouch kouch*

Home automation projects are always fun to attempt. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I had fun learning how to administer a web server on my raspberry pi.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

A Wifi Network Hijacker by using a sniffer program to monitor for a password to gain to a database or files on the computer. The Pi runs off 5v, so you can leave it on location and pick it up later.

Well we have 36 of them doing nothing so that is a possibility but i don't know how to do that.. :( Do you have the instructions still?

Wanna give me one? :D

I'll pay shipping :)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

Install a linux distro, learn linux the hard way.

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC