Keyboard recognizes a held down key as being pressed repeatedly

Go to solution Solved by YaNoWatDaSayBigDaddyBig...,
On 5/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Hi @YaNoWatDaSayBigDaddyBig...,

It seems that the QuickFire part of the CM Storm can be enabled by pressing the F5-F8 keys and the 'stuttering' you refer to is called the repeat rate, probably yours is set at 8x speed! ???

Does it change when you change the profile the keyboard is in with the P1-P4 (dedicated profile) keys?

Does it stop if you select the default profile by pressing the Function and Escape keys?

Does holding Function and F5 and Q for three seconds fix it?

Link

How to reset the Quick Fire XTi

hope this helps

Nope wasn't the problem. It was set to 1x speed. I think I  have figured it out though if anyone else is having the same problem

If you download the coolker master portal and go into key board settings / light configuration there is a fairly obvious button that allows you to disable Key Repeat Rate. Seemed to fix it for me but ill leave thread open. 

So I'm got this problem where when I hold down a key in my new keyboard it acts as if I'm spamming the key. This results in problems in-game when there's a button to display the leader broad and I'm trying to hold down the key to see it but the keyboard acts if I'm spamming the key and so you start to see flickering in the leader broad (as if you were repeatedly pressing the leaderbroad key rather than just holding it down). Similar issues occurs when you need to hold down a the key to speak in-game. 

If I press onthyer key for example w then a w will fix its self and stop stuttering so long as I hold it down.

Happens on all keys not just one, drivers are up to date, its not any thing to do with fn+f5 - fn+f8, f+f11 doenst work, not unique to one game.

Not sure any help.

Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

13 minutes ago, YaNoWatDaSayBigDaddyBig... said:

<snip>

Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

It seems that the QuickFire part of the CM Storm can be enabled by pressing the F5-F8 keys and the 'stuttering' you refer to is called the repeat rate, probably yours is set at 8x speed! ???

Does it change when you change the profile the keyboard is in with the P1-P4 (dedicated profile) keys?

Does it stop if you select the default profile by pressing the Function and Escape keys?

Link

hope this helps

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

On 5/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Link

hope this helps

Nope wasn't the problem. It was set to 1x speed. I think I  have figured it out though if anyone else is having the same problem

If you download the coolker master portal and go into key board settings / light configuration there is a fairly obvious button that allows you to disable Key Repeat Rate. Seemed to fix it for me but ill leave thread open. 

On 5/18/2019 at 10:51 AM, YaNoWatDaSayBigDaddyBig... said:

Good to hear you have the issue sorted out now.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

• 3 years later...

Hello i am having the exact same issue after I beat my keyboard to a pulp and now i can't hold keys down exactly the same as this person 🙂