Pic request, speaker setups with dual monitors

Kitsan

I'm trying to plan my new desk/gaming space to coincide with my much bigger PC case and im looking for inspiration/help.

Desk: 2m x 80cm

Tower: TT View 71

Speakers: Kitsound Parallax 2.0

Monitor 1: 32" non ultrawide

Monitor 2: 25" non ultrawide

My issue is that I cant find any speaker stands which are tall enough and tilt down or they just look janky, so I was hoping to see how you guys have done it?

(I also rent so I can't wall mount unfortunately)

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

19 minutes ago, remus243 said:

I'm trying to plan my new desk/gaming space to coincide with my much bigger PC case and im looking for inspiration/help.

Desk: 2m x 80cm

Tower: TT View 71

Speakers: Kitsound Parallax 2.0

Monitor 1: 32" non ultrawide

Monitor 2: 25" non ultrawide

My issue is that I cant find any speaker stands which are tall enough and tilt down or they just look janky, so I was hoping to see how you guys have done it?

(I also rent so I can't wall mount unfortunately)

I have a dual monitor setup and lots of speakers but my setup is totally different to yours, and check out these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gorilla-Stands-GSM-50-Lifetime-Warranty/dp/B01N574HYK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=speaker+riser&qid=1556064864&s=gateway&sr=8-3

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Yeah I had seen those and the taller GSM-100 version but they don't tilt down, so if they clear the 32" monitor they're well above ear height :(

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

6 minutes ago, remus243 said:

Yeah I had seen those and the taller GSM-100 version but they don't tilt down, so if they clear the 32" monitor they're well above ear height :(

hm.. what speakers do you have and how high is your ear off the desk? also do they have to be above the monitor? i would put them either side of the two monitors, it will help with imaging and soundstage, and wont sound like overhead atmos channels xd

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

6 hours ago, Derkoli said:

hm.. what speakers do you have and how high is your ear off the desk? also do they have to be above the monitor? i would put them either side of the two monitors, it will help with imaging and soundstage, and wont sound like overhead atmos channels xd

The problem with either size is that there isn't really enough room with my bigger case as you loose 130cm from the monitors and then another 30cm from the tower which leaves about 40cm of free space.... and the foam pads I use for speaker isolation are 20cm wide each  which means everything is pressed together if I arrange it horizontally Dx

If I had to guess, i'd say my ear is 60cm off the desk, speakers are mentioned in my OP

8 hours ago, remus243 said:

The problem with either size is that there isn't really enough room with my bigger case as you loose 130cm from the monitors and then another 30cm from the tower which leaves about 40cm of free space.... and the foam pads I use for speaker isolation are 20cm wide each  which means everything is pressed together if I arrange it horizontally Dx

If I had to guess, i'd say my ear is 60cm off the desk, speakers are mentioned in my OP

Does the pc have to be on the desk? why not get a sheet of MDF or chipwood and have the pc on the floor

59 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Does the pc have to be on the desk? why not get a sheet of MDF or chipwood and have the pc on the floor

Space in the room, the desk is already 2M long :(