Is my GPU dead or is this a psu issue?

Lunax

So yesterday I was playing escape from tarkov, it was all running smoothly right until my pc shut off instantly with no warning. I tried to boot it back up and everything inside booted (CPU, FANS, GPU LED) however the monitor was saying no signal so I shut down the pc again and booted it up again but it remained the same. So then me thinking my GPU might of have died I plugged the DVI cable into the Mobo to try and use on board video and yet again it said no signal. So Then I tried that fix where you unplug the psu and hold down the power button for about a minute and that didn't work on both onboard video and GPU. After that I just took my GPU out and bam the on board video was suddenly working again and then I tried another GPU that is really old and doesn't have any PCI-E ports (AMD HD7700 1GB I think) so I'm guessing it uses the mobo power and that also worked. However my Current GPU that I've been using for about 3 years doesn't work (Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8GB) so I'm believing to think that this might be a PSU issue as this gpu does use quite a bit of power and I don't see why the On board video doesn't work with this GPU plugged but works when its not plugged in. I need some help with this issue so it would be greatly appreciated if someone would help me.

Specs:
AMD Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8GB
I5 2500k
8GB ddr3 1600mhz Ram (Single stick)
1TB seagate hard drive
Corsair vs650 power supply

That sounds like the GPU. If you have any friends/family with PCs or an extra one, ask them if you can put your GPU into their PC, and if it still doesn't work then you know for sure it's the GPU. 

I can tell it probably isn't the PSU because if your graphics card was okay, the PC would still probably be able to turn on and display, because the GPU won't consume a lot of power when it's not really doing anything. The onboard video not working while you've got your graphics card plugged in is probably the motherboard trying to start the GPU, but it won't so it fails to POST. 

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

I don't have a different PCIe slot and I'll try another PC and see if that works 

Sounds like the GPU.

And some motherboard BIOS's will have the IGPU disabled by default if a suitable GPU is installed in a slot.  That's not unusual.  If you go into your BIOS, it should give you the option to use both as if you were to run a dual monitor setup with a monitor plugged into each one.

21 hours ago, Adorable Cat said:

That sounds like the GPU. If you have any friends/family with PCs or an extra one, ask them if you can put your GPU into their PC, and if it still doesn't work then you know for sure it's the GPU. 

I can tell it probably isn't the PSU because if your graphics card was okay, the PC would still probably be able to turn on and display, because the GPU won't consume a lot of power when it's not really doing anything. The onboard video not working while you've got your graphics card plugged in is probably the motherboard trying to start the GPU, but it won't so it fails to POST. 

So I did check on another PC and it didn't show a display there which means it is the GPU, thank you. I've ordered a new one so I should be fine