Bell Fibe IPTV Freezing issue

Evalelynn

So a few months ago we switched over to bell, and we've been having a serious issue with our main receiver.

Specifically, on live and recorded tv, it will freeze or go pixelated intermittently, sometimes worse then others, it'll go fine for hours without issue, sometimes it'll be near constant and unwatchable.

Sounds like a connection issue?

But here's the thing, those same recordings if watched on the upstairs receiver or one of our tablets (a feature to stream recordings from the main receiver) they don't have any issue. 

Additionally the little preview on the guide continues to work fine when on the same channel, though switching channels back and forth doesn't do anything.

I've tried directly hooking it up to the modem via ethernet but it didn't help.

The bell people have replaced the receiver and modem twice so far to no avail.

Watching stuff from Crave or netflix don't have any issues either. 

Done networking tests and theres no internet slowdown during these.

And the receiver itself doesn't freeze, menus still work etc.

I'm out of ideas here, does anyone have any clues or have experienced this themselves?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Call Bell

I have four times, and they've entirely replaced it twice.

So their pretty useless.

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2019 at 9:40 PM, Evalelynn said:

I have four times, and they've entirely replaced it twice.

So their pretty useless.

Hi, have you ever found a fix. I have same problem.

• 4 months later...

Same issue here. Replaced the PVR yesterday while having issues. Right after install, the new PVR was behaving the same way. No saved recording, so it is not related to the amount of space used on the disk. Recordings watched on iPad are OK, but they seem to be streamed from Bell instead of the PVR. WiFi signal if 100% strong. Tried the PVR in different places in the house, but was not able to reproduce. Live TV was also pixelated. We noticed that we have that issue during prime time (between 4PM and 10PM), espacially on Wednesdays, and it seems to be related to the number of concurrent recordings. Everything was fine for a year, and it started to do that when the pandemic started in spring. Now I wonder if it could be a routing issue at the Bell facility in our neibourhood, and some packets would be lost during peak periods. The fact that is it random makes it hard to reproduce, and we have no way to see stats/errors on both the PVR and the base station. Very frustrating.

• 3 months later...

I have had 3 receivers. 10 house calls. Complete system rewire and ALL parts replaced and the same issues. But Bell says it’s not their service or system. I am going to call bull shit. Everyone on my street has the same issues. This is a systematic problem with Bell FibeTV. But BELL gives you the same BS everytime. The only fix is .... get another provider.