using a free proxy with a software

McCloud

Hey, 

this is not hardware networks related per se, but I hope it falls into the category. 

I need to use a Proxy with a software that is running on my Amazon EC2 virtual machine (I need the software to have the same location / IP as me). 

Is it okey to use a free proxy (from let's say Proxynova) ? 
Or is there any risk involved in this. 
How would I 'check' if the proxy is working? 

Thanks! 

im pretty sure you can dial in proxy settings via window setting and validate it with a traceroute after

and most defiantly set a password otherwise i wouldn't see any other issues as you connect to it as vpn it would be behave like any other vpn service depending on where the datacenter you box is in.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:37 AM, mineblaster said:

im pretty sure you can dial in proxy settings via window setting and validate it with a traceroute after

and most defiantly set a password otherwise i wouldn't see any other issues as you connect to it as vpn it would be behave like any other vpn service depending on where the datacenter you box is in.

okey thanks. That could work too.. haven't thought of this. 

I tried using my Private Internet Access Proxy directly in the software proxy settings (FollowLiker) but that didn't work.. so I might see if I can use the proxy on the VPS.