Troubles with GTX 1060 in MSI GS63 8RE after SSD upgrade

Hello,

I bought a new Samsung Evo 970 nvme storage and installed it on my MSI GS63 8RE. In the beginning, everything looked relatively good. I tried to install Manjaro Linux and again, the system and the laptop worked like a charm. Unless I tried to plug in my external monitor via HDMI. That was the point when the things went... wrong.

(EPILEPSY WARNING) https://gfycat.com/GloomyAthleticFairybluebird

And every time I was trying to enable my NVIDIA GPU or to plug the external monitor I got either this or the laptop just hangs for eternity. Initially, I thought that the problem was in Linux, drivers and NVIDIA Optimus so I moved back to Windows.

As a result, I got a whole bunch of blue screens (VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) and errors in my event log. The most notable is

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer

When I tried to run GPU-Z to check the card status it showed my integrated Intel HD graphics card info. I switched to NVIDIA GPU and it stopped responding and the error listed above appeared in events log. After some time the system froze for a second and was followed by these warnings:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Then I was able to open GPU-Z again and select NVIDIA card. http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/04/14/8uu.png

After many attempts to reinstall the driver, I'm still facing a hanging system and stuttering image anytime when the GPU is involved. I had visual artifacts and complete system freeze when I tried to start Kerbal Space Program without external display plugged in. And with the display enabled, the system will work for some time but the crash is imminent.

So, I suppose the problem is in the GPU, or maybe in some related hardware, like a PCI bus, power supply or something, but before I will perform any further actions I would like to ask if anyone faced anything similar? What kind of diagnostics can I do to investigate the problem more? The internet has a surprisingly small amount of information about MSI laptops troubleshooting (or maybe I am just a bad searcher, who knows)

Thank you

So this happend after an NVME ssd install, which uses PCI express bus, like the GPU would.

I'd try to find anything related in bios to PCI express config and reading the manual to check if there's some config you have to enable to have everything working. Sounds like an IRQ conflict