Monitor stuck as pnp monitor

Jevnaker

Hi i have been trying to get my windows 10 desktop to recognise my aoc g2460vq and not have it stuck as pnp monitor so i could set up the freesync with gsync stuff. Yes i am using display port to display port. my graphics card is an 1060 gtx 3gb. but it keeps refusing to recognise the monitor as anything else than pnp. i have tried deleting the pnp monitor and then installing the actual monitor driver files. that did not help. i tried the disconnect monitor from power and turn off pc stuff. i have tried so many different solutions i found on the net please help.

have you tried a different cable?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 minutes ago, Levent said:

have you tried a different cable?

No i have only one cable i finally found a way that made windows actually install the driver but when the pc restarts it forces the pnp driver to be installed on top of the proper one / installed instead of the proper one. so the cable is fine it is windows keeps replacing the correct from manufacturer driver with the pnp one.

Sorry, I don't see the problem.

You got freesync working, but don't like how windows only see's the monitor as a generic display?

48 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Sorry, I don't see the problem.

You got freesync working, but don't like how windows only see's the monitor as a generic display?

windows is removing the freesync monitor required driver. and i am not even sure if i have gotten freesync working at all.

10 hours ago, Jevnaker said:

windows is removing the freesync monitor required driver. and i am not even sure if i have gotten freesync working at all.

Have you tried setting up freesync? It might be fine. Also noted few Freesync monitors are natively supported on NVIDIA GPUs, but you can do some stuff to get it working properly.

13 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Have you tried setting up freesync? It might be fine. Also noted few Freesync monitors are natively supported on NVIDIA GPUs, but you can do some stuff to get it working properly.

i have tried but I'm not sure if i have succeeded or not. how can i check / tell if i have succeeded.