Sound from speakers is playing back through my mic for everyone to hear

FivePointOh
Go to solution Solved by Majd,

this is usually happens because of the motherboard or the audio card (chip), changing headsets will not help, it is electrical leak from the headphone to the mic that happens on the motherboard, try using USB audio cards it might fix the problem, there is nothing you can do in the software that can fix the problem.

My mic is playing back everything that comes through my speakers for some reason. I can't figure it out. I have Creative X-Fi audio, built into the G1 Sniper X58. I'm starting to lose my patience with this issue. Every time I play online, everyone complains about it non stop, and I get kicked. I haven't been able to play a single full online game for 2 months.

what the fk is going on here... I'm seriously about to throw this computer out the window

Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470

Ryzen 1800X - 4.2ghz @ 1.435v

Deepcool Gamerstorm Castle 360 RGB AIO

Corsair HX1000w

Thermaltake View 71 case

Corsair M65 Elite mouse

Redragon K551-RGB keyboard

RGB out the wazoo = good for at least 420fps in Crysis

15 minutes ago, FivePointOh said:

My mic is playing back everything that comes through my speakers for some reason. I can't figure it out. I have Creative X-Fi audio, built into the G1 Sniper X58. I'm starting to lose my patience with this issue. Every time I play online, everyone complains about it non stop, and I get kicked. I haven't been able to play a single full online game for 2 months.

what the fk is going on here... I'm seriously about to throw this computer out the window

perhaps try using a headset with the mic instead of the speakers. That way it won't be picked up through the mic. Microphones work by picking up the sound waves in the room. so sound from speakers would be picked up. its quite logical really. not a software issue

Main Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6GHz, Stock Cooler

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B350 F Gaming motherboard

RAM: 32GB(4x8GB) Team T-FORCE Night Hawk RGB 3000MHz DDR4

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1060 6GB

STORAGE: 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 240GB WD Green M.2 SATA SSD

CASE: Cougar Turret RGB

PSU: CoolerMaster GX550W CM Storm

Monitor: Samsung Oddessy G6 27" 1440p, Viewsonic VX2455 144Hz

Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse

Keyboard: ASUS Flare II Animate

Headphones: HyperX Cloud Alpha S Black

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast S

WIFI: ASUS PCE-AC55BT

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/johnno12/saved/gKgD23

Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Inspiron 15-5000

CPU: i5-8250U Quadcore with hypertheading

GPU: AMD Radeon 540 4GB Hybrid Graphics

Storage: Micron 1100 SATA 256GB SSD

Check recording device if you're using Stereo Mix. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I'm not on stereo mix, I don't use my speakers - I use my headset, and I shouldn't have to use push-to-talk. The sound that I hear through my speakers should not be going through the mic when I mute my receiver.

I'm using the most recent official driver, as well. "What U Hear" is muted and disabled. "Listen to this device" is disabled. The problem exists on both the front panel input and the flexijack (which I set to microphone instead of line-in).

Corsair HX1000w

Thermaltake View 71 case

Corsair M65 Elite mouse

this is usually happens because of the motherboard or the audio card (chip), changing headsets will not help, it is electrical leak from the headphone to the mic that happens on the motherboard, try using USB audio cards it might fix the problem, there is nothing you can do in the software that can fix the problem.

Make sure Windows is not listening to your Microphone (this setting causes the microphone to be played back through your speakers).

To do this, right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar.

Click Recording Devices

Right click on your microphone

Click Properties

Click the Listen tab

Uncheck "Listen to this device"

Capture.PNG.0687ad0e0ee235f54f7e033c2cbec44d.PNG

Should fix it if that is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda sad that even a higher-end audio chipset (despite it's age) like the SB X-Fi has cross-talk problems.

I assume a USB headset would fix the issue for now?

Corsair HX1000w

Thermaltake View 71 case

Corsair M65 Elite mouse