Ordered the AKG Q701's

JaeDee884

Will write up some for of review of them, when they arrive, haven't ordered the 02+odac combo yet, cars come first!

So I intend to write up a review of the Q701's non sound card and unamped, then when I get those, will write up a second review, comparing the difference, as a newb to High end audio, these reviews might help other new guys like me hunt for products, you're only a beginner once!

Just going to say thank you guys for all the advice you gave me, putting your knowledge out there for the uneducated to learn more about quality audio.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Believe me, My wallet is always sad

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

Just make sure when you DO get the O2+ODAC, order it with the 1x/2.5x gain option, and use the AKGs (and most headphones, really) off the 1x gain. The ODAC is pretty loud by itself.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Believe me' date=' My wallet is always sad[/quote']

it has not begun to be sad.

I say stay off head-fi to keep it from going suicidal.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Believe me' date=' My wallet is always sad[/quote']

it has not begun to be sad.

I say stay off head-fi to keep it from going suicidal.

>http://www.head-fi.org/t/526275/tube-vs-solid-state-amps

My will to live ... it's ..... weakening....

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Might just buy the 02+ODAC from the states and get it posted to Australia, only Australian seller i've found has the 2.5x/6x gain version. its cheaper and i can get the gain needed.

​Where can i find the 1x gain version? can't find anything but 2.5/6x

Might just buy the 02+ODAC from the states and get it posted to Australia, only Australian seller i've found has the 2.5x/6x gain version. its cheaper and i can get the gain needed.

​Where can i find the 1x gain version? can't find anything but 2.5/6x

http://www.jdslabs.com/dealers.php

Yours is noisy motel. You'll probably have to contact them and tell you want the resistors set so it's 1x/2.5x.

Just like to report, that Noisy Motel has the BEST customer service I've ever had. definitely worth the extra 50 bucks over buying for JDS Labs and importing for the service they give.

Just arrived, i'm wearing them, and oh lord this sounds amazing, no amp or soundcard but even then this is the greatest audio I've ever had the pleasure of listening too, ear cups are large enough to not touch my ear, by a mile. feels lightweight, granted its been on for two songs.
I cannot wait to see what these sound like properly amped and on soundcard!