Sony vs JBL

Hi, so my birthday is coming soon (March 31st) and I wanted to buy a good Bluetooth speaker as a present to myself, because me and my friends are crazy on speakers. We really like comparing speakers and all of that stuff. So one of my friends has a Sony SRS XB31 and i have heard it live and it sounds amazing. The problem is that I know that JBL speakers are good too, but I havent heard a real one live. All i have seen are fake ones. So I was wondering whether to buy Sony SRS XB 41 or JBL Charge 3. I watched a few videos about the sound of both of the speakers and they said that Sony speakers' vocals are not as loud and clear as JBL's, but Sony's bass is amazing. So that kinda made me like the JBL more, cuz i listen to a lot of pop, but Sony's design is a lot better looking with all the light effects and sound effects that come with the mobile app. So I REALLLY like the way the Sony looks, but everyone says the JBL sounds better. Can someone tell me if that's true, based on that he has heard both of the speakers or just knows a lot about Audio?

Don't believe if A is sounded better than B. Bullshit, you have to try it for yourself.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

Don't believe if A is sounded better than B. Bullshit, you have to try it for yourself.

Yeah I kinda believe that too, but I am not sure if they will let me try it at the store

Sony SRS XB 41 and never look back.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Btw I told my dad to ask one of his friends who is like an Audio maniac and he told him that JBL are better. I have only heard a JBL Flip 2 bluetooth speaker and a giant JBL subwoofer that my old school had. I am not pretty familiar with them.

2 minutes ago, ILoveZed said:

Yeah I kinda believe that too, but I am not sure if they will let me try it at the store

I mean for audio products, hehe. Harder to compare from specs alone, unlike PC.

Audio products pricing is super inflated, it's getting the fashion territory, where image matters.

3 years ago i spent 500usd for a designers headphones, it broke, the leather is flaking and the band is split in half.

Compared to cheaper Sony's monitor headphones, really can't find the difference in sound quality.

Sony products build like a tank.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Sony SRS XB 41 and never look back.

You can't go wrong with the quality either.

2 minutes ago, pearson said:

You can't go wrong with the quality either.

Yeah I think they are both pretty good and I already ordered the sony so I think this thread is done ?