Make laptop render display on dedicated GPU and passthrough to IGPU

Is there a way to force my laptop to render everything, as if the IGPU does not exist, then pass the signal through to my integrated graphics? I know Linus did a similar thing on the 'mining GPU for gaming' a while back (P-50 i think), but that was on a desktop, using the motherboard's display adapter. I would like to record my display with OBS, but to do thati have to use intel integrated graphics. I cannot set the settings as high as i would like, because the IGPU gets to 100% usage, and the whole display gets laggy. Is there a way to make windows use only my GTX 1060, and send the output to my laptop display via the IGPU (that's where the laptop display is physically connected)

10 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Your laptop probalby has optimus, so just go to the nvidia control panel and set every program to use the dgpu.

It's not that OBS runs on the wrong GPU, its that it physically cannot run display capture (as far as i know) when on the dgpu, becauase the display is *physically* connected to the igpu. i was wondering if there was a way to make the display connect to the dgpu instead

3 hours ago, EternalClickbait said:

It's not that OBS runs on the wrong GPU, its that it physically cannot run display capture (as far as i know) when on the dgpu, becauase the display is *physically* connected to the igpu. i was wondering if there was a way to make the display connect to the dgpu instead

You can't connect the display to the dgpu unless you have a mux or something like an external monitor.

If you are using Windows 10, you can go to Graphics Settings (Type Graphics Settings in Windows Search), in there you will get the ability to choose a program to run and then be given the option on which GPU to run it. I use this for certain programs and games, for example i made my Firefox use my iGPU instead of my Dedicated one for hardware acceleration so i can watch youtube/twitch while playing games on my other monitor with no performance impact. I don't know of a way to "force" windows to use one GPU over the other for everything unless you have multiple monitors connected. For example my center monitor is connected to my Dedicated GPU and in Display Settings in Windows i made that monitor as my main monitor (Check "Make this my main display") and windows will use whatever GPU that monitor is connected to as its main default GPU for all programs/games.