Streaming

Hello guys I just recently bought a system below.

Xeon X5660 2.8 Ghz 6 cores 12 threads.

OME motherboard

8 gb ddr 3 1333 Mhz ram

GTX 1060 3 gb.

I am able to play pretty  much every game on medium to high settings with avg of 60 to 100 fps. Now I am thinking of doing some streaming. I have a 5 megabit/s connection and the upload speed I get is about 200 to 400 kbps so for me to stream a smooth stream what would be best settings? I am using StreamLabs OBS.

Thank You.

3 minutes ago, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

Hello guys I just recently bought a system below.

Xeon X5660 2.8 Ghz 6 cores 12 threads.

OME motherboard

8 gb ddr 3 1333 Mhz ram

GTX 1060 3 gb.

I am able to play pretty  much every game on medium to high settings with avg of 60 to 100 fps. Now I am thinking of doing some streaming. I have a 5 megabit/s connection and the upload speed I get is about 200 to 400 kbps so for me to stream a smooth stream what would be best settings? I am using StreamLabs OBS.

Thank You.

Your stream quality will be so low due to your Ethernet it would be very low quality on the viewers end. I'd recommend at least 1-2 Megabit up for streaming.

2 minutes ago, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

I have a 5 megabit/s connection and the upload speed I get is about 200 to 400 kbps so for me to stream a smooth stream what would be best settings?

200-400kbps upload isn't worth streaming on.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

Your stream quality will be so low due to your Ethernet it would be very low quality on the viewers end. I'd recommend at least 1-2 Megabit up for streaming.

Ok lets say for instance its 3 mbps then what would the beat settings be?

3 minutes ago, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

Ok lets say for instance its 3 mbps then what would the beat settings be?

Fast or very fast CPU encoding for best visual and performance

2 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

Fast or very fast CPU encoding for best visual and performance

What I mean is how should I setup OBS?

27 minutes ago, Spotty said:

200-400kbps upload isn't worth streaming on.

I just check and its 3 Mbps that is 375 kBps. Will I be able to stream on this speed?

1 minute ago, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

I just check and its 3 Mbps that is 375 kBps. Will I be able to stream on this speed?

375kbps=0.375mbps

tera=trillion giga=billion mega=million kill=thousand 

1 minute ago, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

3mbps, yes that will work. 480p, maybe even 720p. Try a bitrate of around 2000kbps and see how that looks.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

Screenshot_20190322-084926.jpg

Screenshot_20190322-084911.jpg

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

3mbps, yes that will work. 480p, maybe even 720p. Try a bitrate of around 2000kbps and see how that looks.

And on obs encoding should I select software x264 or the other nvenc?

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

See my above post pulled from twitch

Just now, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

X264 for better quality as it encodes on CPU. Nvenc for GPU encoding which is faster at a lower quality

Just now, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

Software = using your CPU, better stream quality but bigger performance hit
NVENC (Hardware) = using your graphics card, less stream quality but less performance hit

Given you have a 6 core/12 thread CPU, you could probably do Software without too much issues. Maybe experiment with both to see which gives you the best performance and best stream quality.

8 hours ago, Muhammad Humam Khan said:

You could try 720p30 at 2000kbps. But not much higher than that. And even that might be too much if you are playing online game while streaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv