Can´t update Windows and annoying dll errors

so guys i am writing here cause i am frustrated af and have idea what to do anymore.

a bit of info about my system and why i need ur help.

i build it in 2015 with my 850 evo as the system ssd and it had windows on it for years until i got my new 970 evo.

well i had mutiply re-install of windwos over the years and recently made a new installer cause i hoped it would give me a newer version( it didn´t)

now to the problem. there is that efi partition left on the old ssd and i dunno what to do with it.

also when i tried to update so far it said on reboot that a device could not be found. I got my windwos to boot at all by unpluging the ssd.

so my question is is can i delet that partition to get updates again or do i need to do anythign else (i really don´t want to install windows again).ps: i did a cbs scan and it found stuff it could not fix

second problem is that i got massive dll errors with this instalation. and a ton of hgcdthghfhgvjb.png.9daddf800d3e2a865c4393c3681b845f.png this.

either it says ddls are missing or this on x64 apps/games.

i have re-isntalled directx a ton already.

i am lost ;-(  

whats going on.jpg

CBS.log

When installing all your software, did you choose a different directory/drive?  If you did, and/or installed Windows, then potentially programs such as 3DSMax can't start properly because they're not technically installed on that version of Windows.

Windows does a lot more in the background than extract/copy/run files and software when installing.  It also creates shortcuts, symbolic links and registry entries and that I couldn't even begin to understand, but it somehow works.  I think it has something to do with anti-piracy, so you can't just copy and paste program files onto USB sticks and such.

If that is the case, I'd backup anything important, and then reinstall Windows again, then redownload/reinstall your software again.

Good luck :)

On 3/21/2019 at 2:36 PM, Tad Bittoomuch said:

When installing all your software, did you choose a different directory/drive?  If you did, and/or installed Windows, then potentially programs such as 3DSMax can't start properly because they're not technically installed on that version of Windows.

Windows does a lot more in the background than extract/copy/run files and software when installing.  It also creates shortcuts, symbolic links and registry entries and that I couldn't even begin to understand, but it somehow works.  I think it has something to do with anti-piracy, so you can't just copy and paste program files onto USB sticks and such.

If that is the case, I'd backup anything important, and then reinstall Windows again, then redownload/reinstall your software again.

Good luck :)

i got 2 partitions on my main ssd. have done that before and had no problems with dls it has only been with this install of windows. and do u know if i can just delete the partion that i mentioned

10 hours ago, WizardofTruth said:

i got 2 partitions on my main ssd. have done that before and had no problems with dls it has only been with this install of windows. and do u know if i can just delete the partion that i mentioned

If there's nothing you want on said partition, sure - go ahead.  Just know that if you do, you can't get it back.

Once you do though, you should be able to extend the other partition to fill up the entire disk.  If you're not sure how to do that, go to disk management and right click on the active partition (i.e. not the black) part and press "Extend Volume".

Follow the prompts, and Windows will automatically put the maximum values into the fields so you regain as much space as possible.

I feel like I should also mention that IF the partition that you are considering deleting looks like this:

Capture.PNG.670f10229c6617f209c09c524cd47940.PNG

or this (some variation of of OEM partition) :

Capture2.PNG.4252b6f89cd14fc30402b885bfd7f213.PNG

then don't delete it.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:38 AM, Tad Bittoomuch said:

If there's nothing you want on said partition, sure - go ahead.  Just know that if you do, you can't get it back.

Once you do though, you should be able to extend the other partition to fill up the entire disk.  If you're not sure how to do that, go to disk management and right click on the active partition (i.e. not the black) part and press "Extend Volume".

Follow the prompts, and Windows will automatically put the maximum values into the fields so you regain as much space as possible.

I feel like I should also mention that IF the partition that you are considering deleting looks like this:

Capture.PNG.670f10229c6617f209c09c524cd47940.PNG

or this (some variation of of OEM partition) :

Capture2.PNG.4252b6f89cd14fc30402b885bfd7f213.PNG

then don't delete it.

it is a efi system partition on the wrong drive. basically a leftover of an old install: IT´S ON THE WRONG DRIVE AKA NOT THE WINDOWS ONETOO. what can i do with it

Try unplugging the drive with the EFI System partition from an old Windows install.  If the computer boots, it should be safe to delete it - if Windows lets you.  It might realise that the partition is essential and won't let you delete it. 

However what I'm getting from this is your Windows installation has many, many problems, and sometimes it's easier to reinstall Windows and start again.

If/when you do, make sure to remove all partitions you don't want to avoid this happening in the future.