No display after upgrading.

Meiisan2

Ive had to commondeer this tablet and make a new account to post this, so i hope i can find the issue.  I upgraded my pc today. I swapped out the ram amd gpu but after that, i cant get any signal to my monitor. I even tried putting the old parts back in, and trying to use the integrated graphics. No luck.

I have a Windows 10 64bit

I went from an Rx 470 to RTX 2060

Went from 2x4 8gb ddr3 to 2x8 16gb ddr3

Added an innatek usb 3.0 hub

I have a 550 watt power suppy

And i have an i7 4790 cpu. 

Everything seems to turn on propperly.

Im happy to answer any questions so i can hopefully get this fixed soon. I cant type well on touch screens so sorry if i mispell and such.

5 minutes ago, Meiisan2 said:

Ive had to commondeer this tablet and make a new account to post this, so i hope i can find the issue.  I upgraded my pc today. I swapped out the ram amd gpu but after that, i cant get any signal to my monitor. I even tried putting the old parts back in, and trying to use the integrated graphics. No luck.

I have a Windows 10 64bit

I went from an Rx 470 to RTX 2060

Went from 2x4 8gb ddr3 to 2x8 16gb ddr3

Added an innatek usb 3.0 hub

I have a 550 watt power suppy

And i have an i7 4790 cpu. 

Im happy to answer any questions so i can hopefully get this fixed soon. I cant type well on touch screens so sorry if i mispell and such.

Is Your power supply large enough to handle the 2060 after the rx470 because that could be the case

Just now, hypeftwmlg said:

Is Your power supply large enough to handle the 2060 after the rx470 because that could be the case

I thought that but i researched it before hand, and it should work propperly. I dont think thats the issue. It turns on still, just no display.

3 minutes ago, Meiisan2 said:

I thought that but i researched it before hand, and it should work propperly. I dont think thats the issue. It turns on still, just no display.

The system can sometimes still turn on even if the power supply isn't powerful enough for your new graphics card. Remove any display devices and try just the integrated graphics. If possible, try everything in a different Motherboard as well because the BIOS could be faulty.

Currently working towards fully restoring my ThinkPad T510

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

1 minute ago, Kiddo V9999 said:

The system can sometimes still turn on even if the power supply isn't powerful enough for your new graphics card. Remove any display devices and try just the integrated graphics. If possible, try everything in a different Motherboard as well because the BIOS could be faulty.

Ive tried taking the card out and using the motherboards integrated gpu but i didnt get any signal there either. I dont have a spare motherboard or anything to put these parts in either. Ill give it another go to try the integrated graphics. 

Im not sure what i did, but i even tried putting the old parts that worked before i took them out and those didnt work.

... I tried the motherboards graphics and nothing

Everything plugged in properly on the monitor end? Maybe when moving stuff around you inadvertently unplugged the end of the display cable plugged in to the monitor?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Everything plugged in properly on the monitor end? Maybe when moving stuff around you inadvertently unplugged the end of the display cable plugged in to the monitor?

I even tried a second hdmi. Both hold the same results.

Can you post a photo of inside the case so we can see if everything is plugged in properly on the inside?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Can you post a photo of inside the case so we can see if everything is plugged in properly on the inside?

Photos may be able to help us figure out what is wrong.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

6 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Can you post a photo of inside the case so we can see if everything is plugged in on the inside?

This tablets camera is really bad and my hone is currently broke so these will hopefully work. I took one with the gpu amd the rest with it out because the gpu blocks most of the view.

20190315_143531.jpg

20190315_143244.jpg

20190315_143343.jpg

20190315_143326.jpg

Excuse the "cable managment"......... and the bad camera. If you want a better picture of any specifi part i can always try again.

5 minutes ago, Meiisan2 said:

Excuse the "cable managment"......... and the bad camera. 

Not related to the issue but is this the "Best Buy PC" linus reviewed a while back?

Just now, Kiddo V9999 said:

Not related to the issue but is this the "Best Buy PC" linus reviewed a while back?

I dont think so. I got this off of IBuyPower and had a friend modify it a long while ago. Before i knew amythim about what parts are what. It was an Asus M32AD i belive, before i got it modified.

1 minute ago, Meiisan2 said:

I dont think so. I got this off of IBuyPower and had a friend modify it a long while ago. Before i knew amythim about what parts are what. It was an Asus M32AD i belive, before i got it modified.

The "Best Buy PC" was an M32CD so that is why I recognized the case. So your system may not be able to handle your new hardware and you may have damaged something somehow. If you can, bring it into a reputable shop if there is one nearby. I can't really help you from here as there is not enough information as to why it is not working.

1 minute ago, Kiddo V9999 said:

The "Best Buy PC" was an M32CD so that is why I recognized the case. So your system may not be able to handle your new hardware and you may have damaged something somehow. If you can, bring it into a reputable shop if there is one nearby. I can't really help you from here as there is not enough information as to why it is not working.

Appriciate the help none the less. Ill make a call.

1 minute ago, Meiisan2 said:

Appriciate the help none the less. Ill make a call.

Anytime. Always glad to help.

I can't see anything standing out as obviously missing or wrong in those pics... 

If you're not getting display output from either of your graphics cards or the integrated graphics on your CPU, I'd turn your attention to the monitor. Do you have another monitor or TV with a HDMI plug at the back you can hook the computer up to?