2nd hand GPU has modded Bios - Help!

Garddy

Hi I'm hoping the community can help!

I recently bought a 2nd hand ASUS Dual RX580 4gb for a budget build for my son.  The seller did say it had been used form mining but I didn't really understand at the time the issues I now face i.e. I didn't realize at the time it also had a modded bios.  When I tried using the graphics card I can get into the motherboard bios but after that I just get 'no signal' to monitor. 

After some online research it didn't look too hard to restore the original BIOS, I even managed to get hold of what I was told was the original BIOS from the prior owner.  I used DDU to clear the drivers and it will output to normal windows desktop (obviously at base resolution) so it doesn't seem that the GPU is bricked.  I am also able to see it in GPU-Z (see attached image).  I installed ATIWINFLASH (amdvbflashwin) selected the GPU and uploaded the BIOS provided.  The flash completed ok, I rebooted the system and everything was stable until I reinstalled the graphics drivers and it went back to 'no signal' to the monitor.

I then searched the internet and found a different stock BIOS  - https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/192269/asus-rx580-4096-170320 - and tried the same process with it.  Again everything was ok until I install the drivers at which point I get the 'no signal' fail.

One odd thing is that in ATIWINFLASH the gpu shows up as 'ATI Radeon Polaris 10' which upon googling is for 400 series cards. I actually have a rx580 in my system and it shows correctly as 'Radeon RX 580 Series' which is working fine.

When I use the lookup in GPU-Z it takes me here -  https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-dual-rx-580-oc-4-gb.b4422 so I'm pretty sure I'm looking in the correct place.

The attached image shows the 2 Bios I have swapped between but neither seems to work and also the wierd 'Polaris 10' identifier

This is all new to me so I'm wondering if I'm missing a step somewhere or is anyone has any other ideas?

Any help gratefully received!

BIOS.PNG

GPU-Z.PNG

There may be a way of flashing the BIOS for the card but are you 100% sure the card isn't a fake? Receiving a fake card with an altered BIOS nowadays is pretty common because of the whole bitcoin GPU rush.

Its possible, but Im pretty sure its genuine. I have the original box and contents etc and have checked the serial numbers etc. Also closely compared visually with stock photos etc.

Bumping this as still looking for a solution :)