Case with lots of harddrive space?

JimmyConrad
Go to solution Solved by Corsair Nick,

Not sure if you would be open to scaling down to 1 5.25" drive, but the Corsair 678C that just launched fits all the other criteria and budget.  You can house 6 3.5" out of the box, and up to 8 drives if you purchase additional drive inserts and use a PSU under 200mm in length.  Let me know if you have any questions about the case.

i'm getting myself a new pc for editing and gaming, and i'm thinking of using my old pc as a storage/ disc burning pc.

i saw this one on amazon but it doesnt have enough 3.5 trays, and i need two spaces for a dvd burner and a bluray burner. 

the amazon one

Thanks,

-JC

7 minutes ago, JimmyConrad said:

i'm getting myself a new pc for editing and gaming, and i'm thinking of using my old pc as a storage/ disc burning pc.

i saw this one on amazon but it doesnt have enough 3.5 trays, and i need two spaces for a dvd burner and a bluray burner. 

the amazon one

Thanks,

-JC

Get a case with a psu shroud and 2 5.25 inch drive bays and yeet all the hdds in the psu shroud

Just now, Smiles4Miles said:

Get a case with a psu shroud and 2 5.25 inch drive bays and yeet all the hhds in the psu shroud

is a option... tho i want to give a suggestion of 5,25 to 3,5 inch bays too if you have something already

well depending on how good the case is i might get convince, but maybe under 200? 6 3.5 bays would be great, and 2 for optical drives. The pc I have is atx, 240mm radiator, and a gtx 660ti. 

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

is a option... tho i want to give a suggestion of 5,25 to 3,5 inch bays too if you have something already

I see, been looking for a slim case i can hide away haha

Just now, JimmyConrad said:

I see, been looking for a slim case i can hide away haha

what motherboard size? and how bany drives?

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

what motherboard size? and how bany drives?

Regular ATX size, I have three 3.5 HDD, and 3 SSDs, 2 optical drives. 

11 minutes ago, JimmyConrad said:

Was thinking of just getting a server case, like this one at newegg https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811147164

But, it doesn't have space for optical drives which I need to burn clients videos.

4u is a bit... way too big

a thermaltake h21 can fit it all, and that for 30-40 bucks

I was thinking about really "many 3,5" Drives like m Nanoxia Deep Silence 5B has...

But 6 was standard not too long ago.

For example the "old" Dark Base PRO 900 had 7 and two 5,25" Drives.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

https://pcpartpicker.com

watch what you pick on the left hand side. internal external starts looking the same when you begin scroll up and down. 10 5.25", to 10 3.5" or a combination there of can be found, with some a bit higher in amount. 

then option of radiator/s pending on case options, but you would need to due some hunting of radiator / water cooling options. 

Not sure if you would be open to scaling down to 1 5.25" drive, but the Corsair 678C that just launched fits all the other criteria and budget.  You can house 6 3.5" out of the box, and up to 8 drives if you purchase additional drive inserts and use a PSU under 200mm in length.  Let me know if you have any questions about the case.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/