PC random freezing

WaterShark
Go to solution Solved by WaterShark,

So I figured out what part of the problem was. I first assumed the SSD was the problem so I installed Windows on a separate hard drive and everything was fine until I used Driver Booster 6 to update my system drivers. After that, the problem got replicated on the hard drive. So I grabbed my SSD and reinstalled windows and only installed the GPU drivers and so far everything is working great!

I guess it was a matter of don't fix what's not broken.

Hi, so for a few months now I have been experiencing my desktop freezing for about a minute and then it resumes, but I can still move my mouse around screen when it happens but that's about it. Also, any keyboard commands I type get pressed all at once when the computer unfreezes, I usually press ctrl alt del to know when the computer unfreezes. I have also noticed that the freezing occurs mostly outside games. Yet it does happen for some games. I had an old am3+ motherboard with an fx-4300 and it had the exact same problem. The only component I have from back then is the SanDisk SSD but I don't know if that could be the problem (I ran CrystalDiskInfo and it says it 100% good). Thank you in advance!

My current specs are:

Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor
MSI - H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Samsung - Spinpoint M8 750 GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Asus - Radeon RX 570 4 GB ROG STRIX Video Card
EVGA - 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

So I figured out what part of the problem was. I first assumed the SSD was the problem so I installed Windows on a separate hard drive and everything was fine until I used Driver Booster 6 to update my system drivers. After that, the problem got replicated on the hard drive. So I grabbed my SSD and reinstalled windows and only installed the GPU drivers and so far everything is working great!

I guess it was a matter of don't fix what's not broken.