Is surface Pro 4 worth it in 2019 ?

I am getting a  Surface pro 4 (i5 8gb ram 256gb SSD) with keyboard in exchange for a 10.5" iPad pro and apple pencil i am not sure if the surface pro still worth it in 2019 ? Any suggestions if i should get it ot not.

It is in great condition no scratches.

> my main use is a little bit of coding and university assignments.

> i like having a tablet with a pen for drawing cartoons for university magazine.

I use the surface pro 4. It's better than the iPad for your usage by far, and it's excellent, but do note that the default pen only supports 1024 levels of pressure whereas the new pen supports 4096 (you can always buy a new one, and to be frank, It's not that big a deal). I'd also recommend getting the pen top kit because I don't like the default silicone tip. It's supposed to simulate tactile feedback but it also slows me down. I switched to the plastic tip and I never looked back. 

To business though: the surface pro 4 is basically the same as the surface pro 6, but a piece of advice: DO NOT get the core i5 dual core. Spring for the quad core i7 because it'd make the difference between an okay computing experience to a no compromises one.

Surface, I'm not going to say "I love you", but I really really really really really really really like you.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

I don't really recommend getting Surface products due to their questionable reliability and aftersales support as well as anti-consumer behaviour (like Apple)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

One of my coworkers is still using that same model as his portable daily driver with no issues. Should be just fine for light-to-medium workloads. 

Good that it has the higher storage option, as the surface, while very portable, completely sacrifices portability and user repairability.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:50 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

I don't really recommend getting Surface products due to their questionable reliability and aftersales support as well as anti-consumer behaviour (like Apple)

This 100 percent^

It also depends on how the device was treated previously as it cannot be repaired or serviced.

• 7 months later...

Can i just say a few things

I bought the Surface Pro 4 for my business i got the i5 edition i can run everything on it with DEV build of windows 10 pro for that fact. I think people need to stop slamming products. Yeah you had a bad deal with it but when someone is seeking to buy one you need to be helpful not say STAY AWAY FROM THE i5's I have bought 6 more for my company and we love them We have the i5, 16 ,256 , and 512 storage. I run a IT Solutions company... 

WE use Photoshop, Office, Autodcad, Dreamweaver, Adobe products, o365 suite, Outlook, Project, Visio etc. No issues what so ever. On my device. My other employees love it better then the old crappy laptops they had, I get about 9 hours of battery once its calibrated. Takes MSFT software a few weeks to get a custom to how you use the machine.I am looking to buy 3 more of the new ones here in a few weeks. 

Heavy use and no lag with what we do.