Something most of you think you'd hate but would actually like

Sammael

Opera.

Years ago I was forced to cover opera for the academic decathlon in high school, we were given a cd to go over, and you know what?  A good chunk of it was pretty damn good.

I'll prove it to you with a few examples (note, will not work on electronica/trance/techno lovers as you need to like listening to an actual "melody" to appreciate this -

).

Grand March:

Seguidilla: (skip to 2m21s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd4OdtK13IA#t=2m21s

Toreador:

Possente Spirto: (this one may be a bit too weird for you all, but it grew on me, like cave moss)

Anyway, just a few examples.  There is a lot of good stuff, so most of you are secret opera heads.  If not then set me straight!  Especially if you like both this stuff with melody AND that whole metronome like music that just goes OONCE OONCE OONCE OONCE x1000

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Nope, nope..... NOPE. Get this out of my life, now...

Just answer one question.  Do you like any of the following - trance/techno/electronica/hard metal?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Just answer one question.  Do you like any of the following - trance/techno/electronica/hard metal?

God no

Some hard metal yeah, but very little amounts of it

Lol, basically this.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Gw6zf.gif arPNr.jpg

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

if you appreciate good talent in music, opera is just awesome. thats why everyone who thinks of himself as a good musitian should know atleast a few of them

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Can't say I'm a fan of opera music but I would love to go see a love opera show.

I feel this genre of music has to be seen live to truly enjoy it.

Eminem is my opera.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

To be honest, I would like to go and see a show one day. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I thought you meant the browser...

Yeah, in some moods, I like Opera, but currently, I've been very much into medium rock.

Compatible with Windows 95

Fried Chicken. I absolutely detest all things deep fried or with lots of grease, and one day we made fried chicken, and lo and behold, I liked it.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Yes to all but also like many other types of music.

I can go from James Blunt to The Crystal Method to SOAD to Kryptic Minds.

Nothing to see here - move along.

note, will not work on electronica/trance/techno lovers as you need to like listening to an actual "melody" to appreciate this

Umm, not to start a flame war about electronic music but.. trance has no melody?

Partially you're right, some genres of techno and trance are just a beat and a bass line. eg psychic trance...and that's about it. Most trance genres do have a distinctive melody in the songs. Fairly emotional and/or "epic".

Might have just been the way you phrased that but just because you might listen to more classical music, it doesn't mean that electronic music is "less music" than classical.

I like opera. My dad is an opera singer.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

It's just too boring. People say it's lively but heavy metal is lively, even dubstep and techno (sh*t lol) is more lively than this. And it gives me a headache just sayin.

OnePlus 6T