New build

Bluehawk21
Go to solution Solved by DakotaWebber,

I see a cable in the top left of the photo but are you sure the cpu power is plugged in? can you take another photo so we can see everything?

id try just reseating the cpu and maybe changing ram slots

edit:

try just using one stick of ram as well

Just finished  assembling my pc and it will not power on the power button on the case lights up but that's all

Build:

Cpu: amd 2600x

Mb: x470 gaming carbon pro

Ram: ddr4 16gb 3200mhz

Gpu: gigabit 1080

Psu: 750 gold 80plus

Crucial 500gb ssd 

Does the motherboard have any kind of diagnostic readouts/led or do you have a speaker plugged into the motherboard header(not external speaker, internal for beep codes)?

could you take some photos of the inside of your case and maybe a video / describe what is happening?

check that you have plugged everything in correctly, such as cpu power, 24 pin power, gpu power

try reseating the gpu and ram

ensure that youve plugged your video cable into the GPU outputs and not the motherboards

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

No its has LEDS rgb no lights at all from the mb or anywhere else on the pc

6 minutes ago, DakotaWebber said:

could you take some photos of the inside of your case and maybe a video / describe what is happening?

check that you have plugged everything in correctly, such as cpu power, 24 pin power, gpu power

try reseating the gpu and ram

ensure that youve plugged your video cable into the GPU outputs and not the motherboards

15504525586165783827146915591336.jpg

Oh, hang on, that has the EZ Debug LEDs, same as my x470 Gaming plus. Just above the 24-pin power connector on the motherboard, there are 4 tiny LEDs that light in sequence to where the system is at in the boot cycle. Are they doing anything, at all? Have you tried resetting the BIOS? For no apparent reason, my last two MSI motherboards needed a BIOS reset out of the box to work. 

3 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

Oh, hang on, that has the EZ Debug LEDs, same as my x470 Gaming plus. Just above the 24-pin power connector on the motherboard, there are 4 tiny LEDs that light in sequence to where the system is at in the boot cycle. Are they doing anything, at all? Have you tried resetting the BIOS? For no apparent reason, my last two MSI motherboards needed a BIOS reset out of the box to work. 

I dont see any lights at all on the mb above the 24 pin connector and iv tried the "clear cmos" button in the back got nothing happening 

No fans spinning, no debug LEDs at all, something is either not plugged in, or is shorting.

To be perfectly honest, when this happens in a build, I just tear it all back apart, and put it all back together, and I usually will catch the loose connector as I take it back apart, or I'll take a bit more time putting it back together, and it will work the second time. That's extremely unhelpful to you though, I'm sure, sorry. But your motherboard is not seeing something that it needs in order to power on and start the boot cycle. Bad RAM will generally hang it during boot, not before. Bad CPU is 50/50 if it'll spin up depending on how fried it is. Bad motherboard will generally spin up and error, or power cycle. Could be a bad power supply, that will generally just keep almost anything from happening, especially if the short is in the 3v or 5v areas.

I mean while setting up at the at the start of the build I had to press pretty hard to get the cpu u cooler to reach the mounts could a damaged cpu hang up the entire process? 

I see a cable in the top left of the photo but are you sure the cpu power is plugged in? can you take another photo so we can see everything?

id try just reseating the cpu and maybe changing ram slots

edit:

try just using one stick of ram as well

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB