Suround sound tech dolby atmos

Scorpio 72472
Go to solution Solved by AngryBeaver,
3 hours ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

Have you tired sonic tho? Among sonic and atmos, which one would you say has better surround sound?

They do very similar things, but I find atmos to be better (for me)

Hello,

I just found out dolby atmos and dtsx uses a different encoding method than other main stream ones and BOY DO THEY SOUND GOOD.

i was wondering is you can use this dolby atmos technology as a driver for any headset like how gamdias hera surround sound or razer synapse have different application for surround sound calibration .  But that's sound channelling afaik.

I am more interested in using this with my corsair hs50 which Does not come with any software  rather works with the realtek driver. Now, It's not  like bare bones hs50 is bad. It's literally the best. But i was Wondering if i can use preferably the dolby atmos with hs50

Thank you 

It really depends on the drivers. Like for example I have an older G930 that will work with them if I use the default windows drivers, but they sound pretty weak because they lose support to the different channels. 

Now if I install the Logitech drivers for them they sound great, but they no longer can use Dolby Atmos... so if I want them to sound good I am stuck using the decent, but not great Logitech 7.1 software.

Now the SteelSeires Arctis Pro works perfect with them and their own DTS 2.0 solution (I prefer the Dobly Atmos).

So it mostly depends on the headset and the way the drivers are setup for it.

So, yea, the official way is to buy the dolby access app on windows 10.But there is software called hesuvi that offers a 7.1 version of it that comes pretty close for free. If you have the means, you should actually buy the app and support the developers.

7 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

It really depends on the drivers. Like for example I have an older G930 that will work with them if I use the default windows drivers, but they sound pretty weak because they lose support to the different channels. 

Now if I install the Logitech drivers for them they sound great, but they no longer can use Dolby Atmos... so if I want them to sound good I am stuck using the decent, but not great Logitech 7.1 software.

Now the SteelSeires Arctis Pro works perfect with them and their own DTS 2.0 solution (I prefer the Dobly Atmos).

So it mostly depends on the headset and the way the drivers are setup for it.

Which driver would you prefer tho?

9 hours ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

Which driver would you prefer tho?

Normally you only have 2 choices. You can use the default windows driver which will let you use atmos or sonic... then you have the manufacturer's driver which may or may not support them.

For my g930 the windows drivers kills the LFE channel and makes it sound terrible. For my Steelseries they all work great, but I prefer atmos due to better object based sound.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:22 PM, AngryBeaver said:

Normally you only have 2 choices. You can use the default windows driver which will let you use atmos or sonic... then you have the manufacturer's driver which may or may not support them.

For my g930 the windows drivers kills the LFE channel and makes it sound terrible. For my Steelseries they all work great, but I prefer atmos due to better object based sound.

Have you tired sonic tho? Among sonic and atmos, which one would you say has better surround sound?

3 hours ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

They do very similar things, but I find atmos to be better (for me)