Keyboard please help

FallenEngineer

Guys, i have owned blackwidow x chroma for 3 years. And it only gives me suffer with corrotion and dead led.

I am considering these keyboards for my new one coz it's now totally dead. From cheapest:

- digital alliance meca master

- corsair strafe rgb mk2 (i'm afraid that little top metal may cause corrotion)

- steelseries apex m750

- corsair k70

I am quite on tight budget actually, going for corsair k70 may little bit overpriced to me. this is my 2 question:

- if you know any information about dead led or corrotion case on any of these keyboards please tell me

- which one you recommend?

- do you have another one that not in the list but you recommend?

Thanks a lot, please help if you (your your friend) have these keyboards and works fine. I need a keyboard for tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

Get the Strafe but if you can get the K70 get it

But why do you choose that 2? Actually my top 2 choice was meca master and mx750, they are cheaper and works well, and m750x is elegant too. But it may changed by your opinion

1 hour ago, FallenEngineer said:

Guys, i have owned blackwidow x chroma for 3 years. And it only gives me suffer with corrotion and dead led.

I am considering these keyboards for my new one coz it's now totally dead. From cheapest:

- digital alliance meca master

- corsair strafe rgb mk2 (i'm afraid that little top metal may cause corrotion)

- steelseries apex m750

- corsair k70

I am quite on tight budget actually, going for corsair k70 may little bit overpriced to me. this is my 2 question:

- if you know any information about dead led or corrotion case on any of these keyboards please tell me

- which one you recommend?

- do you have another one that not in the list but you recommend?

Thanks a lot, please help if you (your your friend) have these keyboards and works fine. I need a keyboard for tomorrow.

Specify your budget. My extremely personal and maybe biased suggestion : https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-TenKeyless/dp/B01D8ETGNQ?th=1 or https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-TenKeyless/dp/B06XVXWT33

Edited by noxdeouroboros

corrotion

What do mean by this? Do you mean corrosion? Like rust or paint pealing off?

dead led

Unless it's software related, you would need to desolder it and resolder a new one.

11 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

What do mean by this? Do you mean corrosion? Like rust or paint pealing off?

Unless it's software related, you would need to desolder it and resolder a new one.

Yeah corrosion, and it'd not software related. I am so done with razer, however i need new keyboard man. Whats your suggestion?

5 minutes ago, FallenEngineer said:

Yeah corrosion, and it'd not software related. I am so done with razer, however i need new keyboard man. Whats your suggestion?

The two Corsair keyboards are good choices along with the Steel Series one. I've never heard of the Meca Master. 

What budget are you working with, and where are you located?

You're not going to run into corrosion.

I'd suggest the strafe or ducky, but as someone who has MK750, I wouldn't get coolermaster. Their software and value for money are just meh compared to the corsair...

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

59 minutes ago, SwagMaestro said:

You're not going to run into corrosion.

I'd suggest the strafe or ducky, but as someone who has MK750, I wouldn't get coolermaster. Their software and value for money are just meh compared to the corsair...

Whats wrong again with MK750? I read your amazon "review" in which you said the keyboard is bad and by the ending you wrote that you enjoy it, and whole review was odd and not very clear on what is wrong with it. " the competing k70 (or any other Corsair board) has a vast community that has tons of downloadable profiles. Nothing here." Did you really looked for it? You can find them on CM website."And the keycaps. The good thing is the very professional font, but I think that at this price I deserve more than 9 PBT caps. Like, how much would that have cost?" Does corsair provide any pbt keycaps? Corsair also makes keyboards with those shity abs keycaps, logitech g610 also comes in same shitty abs, no different than MK750. Your dislike for the keyboard is very personal thing, because based on your review there is nothing really wrong or bad with it. 

i got a K70 back in 2013 and it's still like brand new today, if you just clean it now and then it holds for a really, really long time

5 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Whats wrong again with MK750? I read your amazon "review" in which you said the keyboard is bad and by the ending you wrote that you enjoy it, and whole review was odd and not very clear on what is wrong with it. " the competing k70 (or any other Corsair board) has a vast community that has tons of downloadable profiles. Nothing here." Did you really looked for it? You can find them on CM website."And the keycaps. The good thing is the very professional font, but I think that at this price I deserve more than 9 PBT caps. Like, how much would that have cost?" Does corsair provide any pbt keycaps? Corsair also makes keyboards with those shity abs keycaps, logitech g610 also comes in same shitty abs, no different than MK750. Your dislike for the keyboard is very personal thing, because based on your review there is nothing really wrong or bad with it. 

If you had looked at my post, you'll see I said the pbt thing was wrong. And if you had read patiently what I had written, you'd see I said I enjoyed the SWITCHES, but the value  proposition of the keyboard was meh.

And yes, I realllly looked.tried to find a Witcher 3 profile for ages. And the software is still bad.

And multiple switches started creaking ever since I wrote it. 

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

15 minutes ago, SwagMaestro said:

If you had looked at my post, you'll see I said the pbt thing was wrong. And if you had read patiently what I had written, you'd see I said I enjoyed the SWITCHES, but the value  proposition of the keyboard was meh.

And yes, I realllly looked.tried to find a Witcher 3 profile for ages. And the software is still bad.

And multiple switches started creaking ever since I wrote it. 

What was wrong with PBT? You did not specify. Can't you return if it is so meh? And switches creaking might be isolated to your board, my cooler master board is fine.You say: don't buy coolermaster, based on your experience with one keyboard, and except software, the thing with pbt and switches creaking might be isolated to your board, not all CM boards. Or you disagree ?  And yeah, you said in that "review" that you like the board very much mostly for switches, missed that bit.

13 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What was wrong with PBT? You did not specify. Can't you return if it is so meh? And switches creaking might be isolated to your board, my cooler master board is fine.You say: don't buy coolermaster, based on your experience with one keyboard, and except software, the thing with pbt and switches creaking might be isolated to your board, not all CM boards. Or you disagree ?  And yeah, you said in that "review" that you like the board very much mostly for switches, missed that bit.

I'm saying that the lack of features and bad software make me wonder why would I buy this over something better. 

And I didn't mention the creak specifically for that reason. I know it's an isolated case. 

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

3 minutes ago, SwagMaestro said:

I'm saying that the lack of features and bad software make me wonder why would I buy this over something better. 

And I didn't mention the creak specifically for that reason. I know it's an isolated case. 

By features you mean what? Better software and that light bar thing you mentioned ?Could you tell me what was wrong with PBT? Wrong colour or what? My friend is buying that board, it would be good to know what was wrong. You did not specify that anywhere, I double checked.