Need help with CableMod 60cm RGB LED strip

Hey everyone.

I need help trying to get a CableMod 60cm addressable RGB led strip to work with a Gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard.

When I plug it in I only get one LED showing up in a bright blue and nothing else. I can’t change it via rgb fusion or the bios.

This is my second LED strip from CableMod as the first was dead on arrival and CableMod was happy to send out a replacement but now I’m not sure what to do. 

Thanks in advance :)

740BD58A-5761-40B8-80F8-50621C934957.jpeg

10 hours ago, hodge22 said:

-SNIP-

You may have just killed that LED strip your board does not have a 3 pin addressable RGB header it is a 4 pin analog header (12V). 

34 minutes ago, W-L said:

You may have just killed that LED strip your board does not have a 3 pin addressable RGB header it is a 4 pin analog header (12V). 

... really. I even contacted cablemod to clarify after the first strip didn’t work and they said that it was compatible with my board. As did the company I purchased the strip off of :/

thanks for for the response. Just not what I wanted to here xD 

1 minute ago, hodge22 said:

... really. I even contacted cablemod to clarify after the first strip didn’t work and they said that it was compatible with my board. As did the company I purchased the strip off of :/

thanks for for the response. Just not what I wanted to here xD 

This is your board correct? 

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#kf

From what I see in the photos there are 4 pins on the header which would indicate it to be an analog header. 

@hodge22 yeah that strip is going to be dead now as you're trying to power a 5v LED with a 12v header. Addressable LEDs require the 3pin/5v addressable header, you are using a 4pin/12v standard header though which isn't compatible.

The compatible LEDs for your 4pin/12v header are these ones here:

https://store.cablemod.com/products/?filter_product-category=led-strips&filter_series=magnetic&filter_color=rgb