Windows can't find drive, but CristalDiskMark can find SMART data.

ayew

So recently my computer refused to boot, went straight to a bsod - either error 0xc0001 or Driver PNP Watchdog or Boot Configuration Data is Missing. I had received a similar issue about 6 months ago, (although the Driver PNP Watchdog error is new), and I tried the same solution, which is (in the recovery partition command prompt):

bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuild bcd

That didn't fully fix it this time, on reboot it went back to the windows 10 self-repair thing it does after 3 failed boots in a row, and after running through the self-repair three times (I ended up forcing it from the install media the next two times) it booted into windows. My guess is that the AMD Display drivers had something to do with the initial bsod boots, because afterwards, the DisplayPort output was fucked. It would show the monitor as existing if you plugged it in but force 640x640 res and send no signal over DP, but HDMI and DVI were fine. I did a DDO uninstall and reinstalled AMD Crimson Drivers which fixed it. Now however, one of my drives is missing. Nothing is actually wrong with the drive, it shows up in CristalDiskInfo as Good, with full disk specs and info. But nothing in windows explorer OR diskmgmt.msc....

Update: having the drive connected at all now causes Boot Configuration Data is Missing/Corrupted on most boots, causing the PC to fail to boot into windows until I do the above fix. read the SMART data on another pc and its fine. Seems like its time to buy a new drive and just reformat the one causing the BSODs. Its weird that this dirve is causing issues when the whole thing is just video files. Theres no programs installed there or anything.