Fake Gtx 750 ti Artifacts... Help

mufataza

Hello, recently I got a fake GTX 750TI disguised as a 550TI off of Ebay. Before you tell me to return it I want everyone to know that I got a full refund and got to keep the card. It works pretty decently most of the time but my only problem is that when playing certain games like Cs Go, when I'm in the loading screen it's like an LSD trip which ends up in getting this error "The display driver has stopped responding and has recovered." It continues to work after the shit show but that's not the only place it happens. Sometimes when I'm running specific programs the same LSD effect happens when trying to play a video in the corner and ends up giving me the same message. I tried downloading the drivers for my GTX 550TI but the only version that worked was for the 750TI version 387.92. If i try any other version I would get the error "This Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows 7." I tried manually installing the drivers for the 550 but also got the same error... Any solutions?

Try these fixes: https://appuals.com/this-nvidia-graphics-driver-is-not-compatiable-with-this-version-of-windows/

Also, I would suggest making sure the frequencies aren't clocked too high. Use a program like EVGA Precision X to lower them if necessary.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

22 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Try these fixes: https://appuals.com/this-nvidia-graphics-driver-is-not-compatiable-with-this-version-of-windows/

Also, I would suggest making sure the frequencies aren't clocked too high. Use a program like EVGA Precision X to lower them if necessary.

I'm finally able to update the drivers, lets hope this fixes it. Thanks bud.

you basically have to flash it back to a 550 to fully cure it otherwise the 750 driver will always expect a gpu that has hardware the 550 doesnt have

• 1 year later...
On 1/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, emosun said:

you basically have to flash it back to a 550 to fully cure it otherwise the 750 driver will always expect a gpu that has hardware the 550 doesnt have

if you are refering to youtube, then good luck.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:40 AM, mufataza said:

Any solutions?

Yes I have one. Bin the card. If you get full refund just get legit 750ti instead of trying to sort out problems with this one

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS