I'm using Windows 10

The steps i have taken are:

- Going to windows or nvidia settings and trying to change the Hz

- Checking for windows updates

- Going back to a previous nvidia gpu driver

- Trying my old displayport cable & one from a friend

- Disabling G-Sync

- Searching online (found nothing)

- Contacting Acer support (still need an response from them)

- Trying to make an custom resolution with custom framrate

- using a different power cable and different wall outlet

- trying my other displayports on my pc

- connecting the monitor to my friends pc (wich also has the same graphics card) still the same

- going into the settings with the buttons on my screen itself and trying stuff out

- unplugging 2nd screen

- unplugging the monitor from power for a day

- deleting my monitor's drivers

- trying the reset button on my screen

Try the reset function in the on screen display?

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9Z

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

Try the reset function in the on screen display?

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9Z

yes, i did that

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

@Matrooper how do you know it's locked at 24 FPS?

because i can't change it and because my monitor says it's at 24fps and because i'm used to using 144hz and i can see the difference

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The one I don't see you having listed, but I'm assuming you tried: a different DP cable?

1 minute ago, Matrooper said:

I read the list twice and didn't see, haha.

Anyway, a few thoughts, though I'm going to assume the logic board on the monitor is probably damaged.

Unplug the monitor, then hold down the power button for 15s. Then plug it back in & turn it on. It's a Power Cycle and it occasionally works on "sticky" problems.

Is the monitor new? Because you'll probably need to RMA it.

5 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I read the list twice and didn't see, haha.

Anyway, a few thoughts, though I'm going to assume the logic board on the monitor is probably damaged.

Unplug the monitor, then hold down the power button for 15s. Then plug it back in & turn it on. It's a Power Cycle and it occasionally works on "sticky" problems.

Is the monitor new? Because you'll probably need to RMA it.

no, it's not new..iv'e used it 2 years now

Just now, Matrooper said:

no, it's not new..iv'e used it 2 years now

If you've testing it on other systems and it won't go beyond 24 Hz, then it has to be hardware. If some sort of power cycling or reset systems aren't working, something must have broke at the hardware level.  It's possible cracking opening the paneling and cleaning it out might work, but you're looking at probably a toasted monitor.

Any electrical storms or power outages lately?

4 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

If you've testing it on other systems and it won't go beyond 24 Hz, then it has to be hardware. If some sort of power cycling or reset systems aren't working, something must have broke at the hardware level.  It's possible cracking opening the paneling and cleaning it out might work, but you're looking at probably a toasted monitor.

Any electrical storms or power outages lately?

well, like a week ago my monitor gave same strange pixel screens when launching a surntain program..but only if i launched that program so idk if that was a sign or not..+ when i got the problem my room was cleaned by the cleaning lady..you think something silly like some water or stuff can cause this? Because i don't have a clue what to do

Just now, Matrooper said:

well, like a week ago my monitor gave same strange pixel screens when launching a surntain program..but only if i launched that program so idk if that was a sign ort not..+ when i got the problem my room was cleaned by the cleaning lady..you think something silly like some water or stuff can cause this? Because i don't have a clue what to do

https://static.acer.com/up/Resource/Acer/Docs/US/Standard Warranty/PanAm-20140218/20140219/Acer_MON_WTY_DOC_3_YR_MICI_US_CA_MX_LA_46.AD159.003_040213.pdf

Looks like there is a standard 3 year warranty. So I'd start tracking down the paperwork/invoices for the monitor.

The locked at 24 Hz is weird, but it's also possible the G-Sync module died. Something could have gotten in there, or some other issue could have cropped up. Bad silicon batch that just takes a while to go. I don't know if there are capacitors within the monitor, but a cap could go bad.

2 minutes ago, Matrooper said:

yeh, strange..and also i don't think i can replace it bc it was bought off ebay

Depends if it was an authorized seller or not.

While you tried CRU, what was actually available in the listing?

You might also be able to dump the EDID and examine that, though I don't think there's much saving the monitor from duty as TV.