taskhost.exe

ficoblooder

how to remove a file taskhost.exe bc it is eating about 25 do 30 procent of power and when i try to delete it i cant,please someone help

There's a reason you can't delete certain files or stop some processes (at least not easily). Like @LukeSavenije said, taskhost.exe is a core part of windows and important for the OS. Don't delete it.

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

44 minutes ago, ficoblooder said:

how to remove a file taskhost.exe bc it is eating about 25 do 30 procent of power and when i try to delete it i cant,please someone help

First of all, you need to make sure that taskhost,exe is really from Windows, and not some other process (malware) that has the same name.

Show the command line column in the Task Manager will tell you its path. It should be in: C:\Windows\System32\Taskhost.exe

If it's not, do scans with anti-virus and anti-malware software solution.

Taskshost.exe from Windows, is responsible at running services automatically. It resembles to svchost.exe.

You have a service that runs, probably from a program you installed, that has a service (that uses taskhost.exe to be the foundations of the service) that is doing something on your system

Although you may not be interested in this practically, it is something good to know. Windows often has various parts of the system (possibly spyware) running in the background eating up resources with no clear way to disable them. On Linux, this is much less common, and you can kill whatever process you want very easily in the extremely rare even that you need to.

Everyone wants powerfull CPUs, fast and big amount of ram and huge hard drives / ssd. But when computer starts to using that power - people feels bad. Well - if your system uses 20-30% of CPU sometimes, or when your ram is 80% full, or when your hard drive is over 60% full (for example), then don't worry and be happy - you pay for that! You pay for CPU power so Windows and other programs can use it (and makes things faster). You pay for ram not for glowing leds and you pay for storage space and not for nice empty space on it.