nvidia gtx1050ti error 43 with latest drivers

Dhani

Hi, i'm 15 and just bought this new pc off a seller a few weeks ago. I've been having issues with my drivers. I've updated my driver (version 417.35) to the latest version and I've been getting an error 43 and a smaller desktop resolution that is stuck at 4:3 with black bars all around my monitor. So I found a 2017 driver (version 385.12) and installed it and it fixed the display error, though I cannot play games as it keeps crashing and coming up with "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" I've tried using the DDU method and still the same result, I've also tried previous drivers released and they don't work either. I've also factory reset my pc to see if i may have had anything that had interrupted my driver installation, that didn't work either. 

My specs:

ASUS P9X79 DELUXE

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050ti

Intel Core i7 3930k

32gb RAM

240gb SSD

2tb HDD

620W Corsair CX620

Windows 10 (version 1809)
Please help!!

3 minutes ago, Dhani said:

Hi, i'm 15 and just bought this new pc off a seller a few weeks ago. I've been having issues with my drivers. I've updated my driver (version 417.35) to the latest version and I've been getting an error 43 and a smaller desktop resolution that is stuck at 4:3 with black bars all around my monitor. So I found a 2017 driver (version 385.12) and installed it and it fixed the display error, though I cannot play games as it keeps crashing and coming up with "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" I've tried using the DDU method and still the same result, I've also tried previous drivers released and they don't work either. I've also factory reset my pc to see if i may have had anything that had interrupted my driver installation, that didn't work either. 

My specs:

ASUS P9X79 DELUXE

Intel Core i7 3930k

32gb RAM

240gb SSD

2tb HDD

Please help!!

This is very weird, the gpu could be a fake and thats why its having issues with the driver

Hmm okay, I'll try to work up to a new graphics card. Any card suggestions?

7 minutes ago, Dhani said:

Hmm okay, I'll try to work up to a new graphics card. Any graphics card suggestions? like a 1080, i heard that it's better than a 1050ti. 

I mean the 1080 is a very very very very good card but it is pricey, if you can't afford a  1080 get a 1070 or a 1060 

2 hours ago, Dhani said:

My specs:

ASUS P9X79 DELUXE

Intel Core i7 3930k

32gb RAM

240gb SSD

2tb HDD

Please help!!

Another possiable issue with the card is maybe the seller you got the pc from didn't pick a good enough motherboard and the pc is struggling to supply 75w to the 1050ti 

mind telling me what motherboard/prebuild it is and i might be able to help a bit more 

9 minutes ago, JoshSigner said:

Another possiable issue with the card is maybe the seller you got the pc from didn't pick a good enough motherboard and the pc is struggling to supply 75w to the 1050ti 

mind telling me what motherboard/prebuild it is and i might be able to help a bit more 

nvm i found it hold on

2 hours ago, Dhani said:

My specs:

ASUS P9X79 DELUXE

Intel Core i7 3930k

32gb RAM

240gb SSD

2tb HDD

Please help!!

The board looks fine i'd say it would be the card at this point 

22 minutes ago, JoshSigner said:

I mean the 1080 is a very very very very good card but it is pricey, if you can't afford a  1080 get a 1070 or a 1060 

Simply dismissing the issue and suggesting to just buy another card is pretty damn unhelpful. Considering the rest of the specs of this PC I highly doubt it's a 'fake' GPU. It's probably windows/driver related.

14 minutes ago, JoshSigner said:

Also the P9X79 Deluxe board is a very highly reputable one, it's definitely not a quality issue... Might wanna do some research before you provide useless conjecture.

---

@Dhani My first suggestion to you is run DDU which you've already done.
In which case I'd say try reseating the card and/or trying different PCIe slots.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

@KnightSirius Hi, I've already using DisplayDriver Uninstaller and followed every step and the problem still occurs. I've tried this multiple times. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Dhani said:

@KnightSirius Hi, I've already using DisplayDriver Uninstaller and followed every step and the problem still occurs. I've tried this multiple times. Thanks

Try reseating the card, (Removing it and simply putting it right back in the same slot). Also try different PCIe slots see if anything changes.

Also this post here has a very similar scenario, he changed his RAM configuration and it seemed to fix it. Perhaps give that a try.

- Personal Rig -

ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

@KnightSiriusI just tried reseating the card and used my alternate PCIe cable and updated my driver, nothing happened. I've also tried rearranging my ram configuration and that didn't work either.

2 hours ago, KnightSirius said:

Try reseating the card, (Removing it and simply putting it right back in the same slot). Also try different PCIe slots see if anything changes.

Also this post here has a very similar scenario, he changed his RAM configuration and it seemed to fix it. Perhaps give that a try.

sorry I just found out how to reply... smh

1 hour ago, Dhani said:

sorry I just found out how to reply... smh

No worries, quoting and using the '@' system both work.

1 hour ago, Dhani said:

@KnightSiriusI just tried reseating the card and used my alternate PCIe cable and updated my driver, nothing happened. I've also tried rearranging my ram configuration and that didn't work either.

Alright good work, sucks that wasn't it.
I did a bit more poking around and found this steam post, the problem seemed to have disappeared for the OP when he got a new monitor. So few things, the obvious one first make sure the display cable is plugged into the GPU, this is a pretty common mistake. If that is the way it has been the entire time then If you have different cables around I'd suggest trying those. IE. instead of using the DVI out on the card try using the DP or HDMI out, see if that changes anything.

A potentially useful source of information may be event viewer, open a game and reproduce the error. Then open event viewer and go to Windows Logs -> System, sort by date and time and check for errors relating to the graphics/nvidia/video etc... screenshot any you find and post them here for us. They would be useful in searches.

Also just some extra info, do you have any GPU monitoring programs installed like Afterburner? Also do you have any anti-virus that could be interfering with application access? You can try disabling it if you have one running. 

- Personal Rig -

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

On 1/15/2019 at 6:27 PM, KnightSirius said:

I did a bit more poking around and found this steam post, the problem seemed to have disappeared for the OP when he got a new monitor. So few things, the obvious one first make sure the display cable is plugged into the GPU, this is a pretty common mistake. If that is the way it has been the entire time then If you have different cables around I'd suggest trying those. IE. instead of using the DVI out on the card try using the DP or HDMI out, see if that changes anything.

A potentially useful source of information may be event viewer, open a game and reproduce the error. Then open event viewer and go to Windows Logs -> System, sort by date and time and check for errors relating to the graphics/nvidia/video etc... screenshot any you find and post them here for us. They would be useful in searches.

Also just some extra info, do you have any GPU monitoring programs installed like Afterburner? Also do you have any anti-virus that could be interfering with application access? You can try disabling it if you have one running. 

Hey! sorry for the real late reply I haven't found much time to work on fixing my PC. Anyways, I do not have a DP or DVI cable atm, I'm going to get one soon. Right now I've only got a hdmi 2.0 i'm pretty sure? it is connected to my graphics card from my monitor. So I just tried running CSGO on 1080p max settings and I am getting these display problems (I'll send a photo) and constant switching to desktop making my game unplayable. Though I usually play much lower settings I just wanted to see how much FPS I could run. On lower settings CSGO usually works fine, though I have experienced crashing and those display problems very randomly. Checking my event viewer under "source" i'm seeing a lot of Kernel-General, DistributedCOM, Display and Service Control Manager. I don't have any GPU monitoring programs and I'm currently using the windows built in anti virus. Thanks.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:27 PM, KnightSirius said:

15479553348051470841148.jpg

1547955368050823162495.jpg

On 1/19/2019 at 9:55 PM, Dhani said:

Hey! sorry for the real late reply I haven't found much time to work on fixing my PC. Anyways, I do not have a DP or DVI cable atm, I'm going to get one soon. Right now I've only got a hdmi 2.0 i'm pretty sure? it is connected to my graphics card from my monitor. So I just tried running CSGO on 1080p max settings and I am getting these display problems (I'll send a photo) and constant switching to desktop making my game unplayable. Though I usually play much lower settings I just wanted to see how much FPS I could run. On lower settings CSGO usually works fine, though I have experienced crashing and those display problems very randomly. Checking my event viewer under "source" i'm seeing a lot of Kernel-General, DistributedCOM, Display and Service Control Manager. I don't have any GPU monitoring programs and I'm currently using the windows built in anti virus. Thanks.

Interesting update, doesn't sound like there are any actual errors showing up the event viewer. Good to know you don't have any GPU programs running or an AV that is causing trouble, that rules out quite a bit...

As for CS:GO that is a very odd behaviour, it seems more like rendering errors due to software rather than a hardware issue causing bad rendering because it's so specific. Like the knife being rendered properly with that block showing up cutting it in half. Does this occur in all games or just CS:GO?

I'm honestly at a loss of what to recommend at this point. A complete re-install of windows would be useful to see if the OS is just broken (can't tell you the number of times an issue occurs because windows is borked) and beyond that if you can get your hands on another GPU to test with and see if the problem occurs still. 

It COULD be a faulty card, but there was a lot of other groundwork to be done before we could reasonably approach that conclusion.

My next step would be to re-install windows (assuming you didn't already re-install windows upon getting the PC). Download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool or get an ISO for your preferred build (Enterprise is nice to have) and create a bootable usb drive using the installation tool or Rufus if you go the ISO route (using any flash drive >8GB you have laying around). Update windows to the latest (1809 as of now + small updates) and then install the latest nvidia drivers and see how it goes.
If that fails as well, then I'd definitely be expecting a faulty card, in which case see if you can get your hands on another card for testing. If you have another PC in the house you can borrow one from to test, or from a friend etc... See if it works with that and if it does then the card is faulty.

After which you'll have to figure out if you can RMA or not, it may still be within warranty depending on when it was purchased. Reaching out the original owner for a receipt if they still have a copy would increase your chances greatly of the RMA being accepted.

Hopefully a re-install of windows fixes it!

- Personal Rig -

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

Those are VRAM anomolies, which means it is overclocked or getting to hot and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card