Stuck on 1803

Ravendarat

What would the reason be that I cant upgrade my Windows 10 64 bit home past version 1803? I know that there is a new version of windows out (1809). Ive tried using the built in updater and it runs but doesn't change the version, Ive also tried downloading and running Windows 10 Update Assistant, it knows I am on the old version, it says its downloading and installing the new version but low and behold once it finishes I am still on 1803. The only reason I even realized I was outdated was I was using 3DMark and to run the new RTX benchmark you need version 1809. Any ideas. For what its worth I am using an Alienware R17 R5

I was wondering if it was something along these lines, I guess Ill just keep waiting, eventually they will get around to it

16 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

What would the reason be that I cant upgrade my Windows 10 64 bit home past version 1803? I know that there is a new version of windows out (1809). Ive tried using the built in updater and it runs but doesn't change the version, Ive also tried downloading and running Windows 10 Update Assistant, it knows I am on the old version, it says its downloading and installing the new version but low and behold once it finishes I am still on 1803. The only reason I even realized I was outdated was I was using 3DMark and to run the new RTX benchmark you need version 1809. Any ideas. For what its worth I am using an Alienware R17 R5

does it fail with an error message or just doesnt beginn? 

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

It doesn’t let me start it saying it’s because I don’t have the newest windows version

On 1/13/2019 at 5:17 AM, Ravendarat said:

It doesn’t let me start it saying it’s because I don’t have the newest windows version

Did you try the manual upgrade tool from Microsoft here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/4/E/94E04254-741B-4316-B1DF-8CAEDF2DF16C/Windows10Upgrade9252.exe

I've seen a few systems not being offered the upgrade but with that tool they installed the update just fine.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Yep, no go, but thanks for the suggestion.

update all your drivers. all of them. Then try

none should be incompatible but I know windows has blocked things in the past due to old driver versions

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1