Programming : Where to Start

renchy_is_sketchy
6 minutes ago, Kamjam66xx said:

The niche stuff was like shaders, computer vision stuff for ultrasound machines, self driving cars for ford and some chinese company, and a few others i dont remember.

I would expect a lot fewer "niche" entry level positions, but if you can get a spot there great. 

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

21 hours ago, reniat said:

I would expect a lot fewer "niche" entry level positions, but if you can get a spot there great. 

Oh ya definitely. I dont even have half a year of experience, they want like 3+ years of experience.

Some are 5/7+ years of experience. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, straight_stewie said:

The free trial is 7 days long. There are 14 sections. Each section should take 30 minutes to an hour to complete. I averaged about one hour, 45 minutes per day (two sections per day) and was able to complete it on the last day of the trial. However, I already had some python experience that just hadn't been exercised in a few years, so YMMV. In either case, if you can complete two sections per day then you can do it during the free trial.

I was under the impression that you can only do courses during the free trial of 1 week , but just yesterday decided to check , and that was completely false and im doing the computer science path at the moment. I dont know how far it lets me learn for free but so far so good. Not blaming it on you , just my own stupidity for not checking. Final exams in a couple of weeks so im playing a dangerous game learning programming and about whats happened in the past 100years in my country. lol